Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Position of the "New Thread" Button on Touch Site.

Options
  • 07-05-2013 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭

Could the "New Thread" button be re-positioned over to the left of the BOARDS.IE logo as it's fair annoying when I get a new PM that three times out of five I manage to accidentally click on said "New Thread" button, and the touch site is unresponsive and slow enough without having to go through the whole rigmarole of going back to the main page and then trying once again to get my thumb right between the Forum Listings button and the New Thread button.

The following is lifted from boards.ie/diagnostics (It opens the full site on my phone):

Your System

IP Address:

Operating System: Unknown OS Platform

User Agent: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS;
    Opera Mobi/SYB-1204232256; U; en-GB) Presto/2.10.254 Version/12.00
    Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: No

Flash Version: Not installed
    Your Resolution

Screen: 360 x 614

Current Browser: 980 x 1371

Colour: 16 bit
    Our Server

Date/Time: Tuesday 07th of May 2013,
    00:30:16

Name: www.boards.ie (clifford)
    LocalStorage

LS/SS Enabled: Yes

My phone is a Nokia N8, and without making a separate thread for it, would it be possible to create a diagnostics page for touch devices so we wouldn't encounter this fine literary example upon typing "touch.boards.ie/diagnostics" -

404 - Not Found

Once upon a midnight dreary,

while I websurfed, weak and weary,

Over many a strange and spurious website

of 'hot chicks galore',

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark,

suddenly there came a warning,

And my heart was filled with mourning,

mourning for my dear amour.

"'Tis not possible," I muttered,

"give me back my cheap hardcore!" -

Quoth the server, "404".

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

We won't be altering the position of the create content button any time soon.

A touch-specific diagnostics page could come in handy, we'll add it to the list. Thanks for the suggestion

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement