Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA Calculator

Options
  • 07-05-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Out of sheer boredom and not wanting to study any more, I made up a QCA calculator based on one I found here a few years ago but made it a bit simpler to understand and more comprehensive. It might come in handy for ye.

If there's any problems with it just shout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Everyone doesn't do an FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Everyone doesn't do an FYP

Here's one with no FYP, just 6 straight semesters

Version 2: Updated FYP sections to correct marking scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Procrastination is the mother of all invention...

:pac:

Nice work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Education students QCA only counts for 3rd and 4th year and FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

phish wrote: »

Really? Nice. Always handy to know as no one in the course tells us these things -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

coffey-16 wrote: »
    Out of sheer boredom and not wanting to study any more, I made up a QCA calculator based on one I found here a few years ago but made it a bit simpler to understand and more comprehensive. It might come in handy for ye.

If there's any problems with it just shout.

We have 6 modules in semester 1 year 3 4 that carry 6 credits and 2 that carry 3 credits and coop in semester 2.
    Great work BTW

phish wrote: »

Dont forget to change the values of the current hours, credits and weightings to match yer own courses lads!

Agent_99 wrote: »
    We have 6 modules in semester 1 year 3 4 that carry 6 credits and 2 that carry 3 credits and coop in semester 2.
    Great work BTW

So your FYP counts for years 2, 3 and 4 but in semester one of year 3 (?) ye have six modules and have coop for second semester? Are the 2 three credits modules also ran in second semester of year 3 along with coop at the same time? Im lost

coffey-16 wrote: »
    So your FYP counts for years 2, 3 and 4 but in semester one of year 3 (?) ye have six modules and have coop for second semester? Are the 2 three credits modules also ran in second semester of year 3 along with coop at the same time? Im lost

After re-reading it I realised what you were saying...all those numbers had me confused :P

• Advertisement

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Great work BTW

This should do it

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

could anyone give me an estimate of what I need to bring my QCA up from 2.71 to 3.0? This semester I've four modules and the FYP module! cant figure out any of the calculations...arts student!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

tazbars wrote: »
    could anyone give me an estimate of what I need to bring my QCA up from 2.71 to 3.0? This semester I've four modules and the FYP module! cant figure out any of the calculations...arts student!

You have to provide more info.
    You need to know what the weighting of the modules you've already completed, and the weighing of the modules you're currently undertaking.

X=weighting of modules already completed
    Y=weight of modules this semester
    Z=QCA you need this semester to get an average of 3.0

Solve: 2.71X+ZY=3(X+Y)

For example, let's say you've completed 50% of your overall degree and this semester is worth 25% of the overall degree, then you'd need an average 3.58 this semester to give you an overall average of 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there one if you have 5 straight semesters and spend 3rd year semester 1 on co-op?
    This is a really good tool but theres so many variables to qca calculation so it cant work for everyone

Advertisement