Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a filling a month ago, now my tooth is crumbling to bits.

Options
  • 07-05-2013 1:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

I was just eating some chewing gum there and suddenly found myself crunching on shards of tooth. They've fallen out of a molar I got filled recently by a dentist here in the city.

I don't want this particular dentist to go near my teeth ever again since he's obviously a bit of a cowboy, so can somebody recommend the best Cork dentist ever? :)

Preferably one that accepts medical cards?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I have no recorndation for you BUT years ago I had a filling andlater the rest of the tooth fell out.

Dentist said that it never guarantees that a filling will save a tooth, so it might be that the dentist you saw isn't a cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I was just eating some chewing gum there and suddenly found myself crunching on shards of tooth. They've fallen out of a molar I got filled recently by a dentist here in the city.

I don't want this particular dentist to go near my teeth ever again since he's obviously a bit of a cowboy, so can somebody recommend the best Cork dentist ever? :)

Preferably one that accepts medical cards?

Thanks.

Only one I know of that does medical cards is James.J.Wall at Reeds Sq,Barrack St. 021 - 4963272

Hopefully he's not the one you had the bad experience with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I've now a gold overlay on the tooth, which cost me £90. It's still there!

Anyway - Onslow Gardens Dental Clinic in Parklands are very good and will take a medical card.

HTH. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 feckinfecker

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I've now a gold overlay on the tooth, which cost me £90. It's still there!

HTH. :)

90 pound? That's fairly cheap. Where did you get it? Up the North?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It was done in London where I'm from...

• Advertisement
Advertisement