Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling Imagine wimax?

• 07-05-2013 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hey,
    i am out of contract with wimax and have been suffering for a long time now with cruel slow download speeds, without any hope of getting them resolved by wimax. it would appear to be the same problem alot of others are having, paying for 7mbps but not getting even 1mbps

so i am just sick of it and looking to move else where.

what i would like to know is i have the external hub installed outside my home, wimax state that it is theirs and i have to return it etc or ill be charged €150.

i had herd that after a certain period that i may become the property of the homeowner thus making the customer no longer liable of the payment, is their any truth to this?

also maybe a silly question but are imagine liable for repairs of any damage caused to the house by their property? i am asking as i have had nothing but bad manners and abruptness.

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DryCleanOnly

claga13 wrote: »
    hey,
    what i would like to know is i have the external hub installed outside my home, wimax state that it is theirs and i have to return it etc or ill be charged €150.

Well last September I cancelled my contract with Wimax due to crap service, I was also informed that the hub was their property and that I would have to send it back. The agent I spoke to informed me that they would send someone out to remove it within 10 working days.

I was extremely pissed off at the time of the call (I was on it for over 65 minutes) and told her that I will give them the 10 days to remove it from my property and after that I would start charging the storage fee's of €1000 per week :D. That was September and guess what?? the hub is still attached to my chimney and Wimax are still sending dept collection letters looking for their €50 last month cancellation fee's.

Maybe I should send them an invoice for storage as it has come to about €30,000 at this stage and I could do with the money :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You keep calling your supplier "wimax". ..your supplier is imagine.
    Wimax is a type of technology.

Advertisement