Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest flight routes from North America to Ireland

Options
  • 07-05-2013 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Cutting to the chase, we're in Canada and are looking to fly home from somewhere in the US (or even Canada) as cheaply as possible. Does anyone know if particular routes to or from particular airports (e.g. Shannon in Ireland) are generally cheaper than others? We've obviously been playing around with Skyscanner but it's a bit like throwing darts in the dark. We have some time to kill and so can pretty much get ourselves to anywhere in the US via Greyhound bus and tour along the way.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

any dates where are you in Canada,where are you going in the usa

639 dollars one way seattle

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

@belcampprisoner

In Vancouver now but temped to go to Grand Canyon or thereabouts as flights home seem to be a bit cheaper from the US. Dates are entirely flexible but looking at some time from July onwards, ideally from near the west coast so we don't have to suffer a long bus ride across the US! Also, want to fly to Cork ideally but open to Dublin or Shannon and renting a car for the day to drive to Cork if it makes sense money-wise.

How did you manage $639?! I haven't managed to get near this leaving from the west coast and I've looked as far as December! If it's real, it seems like a fair price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

It can be cheaper to buy a return and cut your losses - i had to get back to Ireland really quickly a couple of weeks ago, got a ticket with KLM from San Francisco to Cork via Amsterdam for 850 USD return

The only downside (if you can call it that) was that I had to layover in amsterdam for the day, ended up with 6 hours in the city, took it easy and back in Cork at 9:30pm, in my local at 10:15

Advertisement