Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever experienced "missing time"?

• 07-05-2013 6:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I've had a few episodes recently where i dont know how i got somewhere or what happened in a 4 hour gap :confused: , i'm starting to wonder if i'm sleep walking or something.

And i'm always 50 quid down.......:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Been walking down by the Grand canal a lot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

MadsL wrote: »
    Been walking down by the Grand canal a lot?

Jaysus?....has the recession hit sooo hard you can get it for 50 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Jaysus?....has the recession hit sooo hard you can get it for 50 :confused:

Probably not four hours worth...lets say a quicky and the self-loathing afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yeah should probably get yourself checked out for that. I know its a wild idea but bear with me, I was thinking a doctor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

IM0 wrote: »
    yeah should probably get yourself checked out for that. I know its a wild idea but bear with me, I was thinking a doctor?

And i'd be another 50 quid down.......:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Once I was in bed, and I remember feeling really, really tired, and then I can't remember anything after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've had a few episodes recently where i dont know how i got somewhere or what happened in a 4 hour gap :confused: , i'm starting to wonder if i'm sleep walking or something.

That's Vegas for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Leave the acid alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Alibi creation in progress.

Yeah, on a pretty regular basis every March and October. It's freaky.

• Advertisement

That's the pause button for ya, freezes all of sim nation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

missing time every time I go out on the lash...

pretty standard for a Saturday night on this weird island we live on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The truth is out there Richard......... But you won't find it watching your American Soaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The expected answer being yes / no I was in a coma.. But this incredibly coherent thread is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Aliens kidnapped you and did experiments. They took your 50 quid to buy sandwiches for their lunch break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Best 50 quid you've ever spent Richard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

davet82 wrote: »
    missing time every time I go out on the lash...

pretty standard for a Saturday night on this weird island we live on

Superb double entendre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

yep,have not got a working or short term memory but am unable to make memories after every epileptic seizure for while after,its like skipping time when it finaly stabilises,however am never missing money as am not the one who looks after it.
    epilepsy can only be diagnosed after multiple episodes and at least one positive caught on EEG so woud have to see a neurologist.

anyway as others have said,see the GP,if are having these episodes whilst under the influence of no drugs or alcohol then the money for seeing the GP shoud be worth the price of health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭armaghbhoy

If being drunk counts, then yes..sometimes I remember everything up until I start drinking shots, then remember nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Superb double entendre.

Am i detecting a hint of sarcasm? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I can't recall what happened last Tuesday after Borussia Dortmund went through to the Champions League final. Captain Morgan... :confused:

Always. Sometimes I'd only think maybe five days have gone passed, when it's actually realistically approaching two weeks and can't account for those missing days. I probably didn't do anything exciting, but I'd still like those days back thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DrArse

I've time travelled on a high dose of ketamine and 2-cb that roughly cost me 50quid before... just sayin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

My arse is always sore afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yeah when I take a sleeping tablet and don't go to bed straight away (within 10 minutes). I posted a thread on AH last week and I have no memory of it, I only seen it the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

It has happened when I was drunk but I think anyone who drinks has had a couple of episodes like that.

The only one that ever seems to happen when am not under the influence is I'll be driving and can't remember part of the journey, no matter how hard I try I just can't remember anything about it. On a couple of occasions I have realised that I have gone completely n the wrong direction on a road that I know like the back of my hand. It's quite unnerving when you think about it.

Advertisement