Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to claim owed tax from PAYE system as a sole trader?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

I setup my own business this year, Starting from Jan 2013, I quit my job mid Oct 2012. I believe i'm due a tax return from the period I stopped working to Jan 2013.

How do I claim tax back since im not on the PAYE system anymore?

Regards,
    Sally.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

I'm going into my local revenue tax office this morning about it.

I have a feeling I need to file a return come the end of the year, since im not a PAYE customers anymore (sole trader)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

sally365 wrote: »
    I'm going into my local revenue tax office this morning about it.

I have a feeling I need to file a return come the end of the year, since im not a PAYE customers anymore (sole trader)

If you only registered as a sole trader in 2013 then they can just issue a balancing statement to you for 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

Thanks barney.

I went into them, and they said I registered as a sole trader in Nov 2012.

But I told them I was only actually trading from Jan 2013.

They weren't very helpful, they just told me I needed to fill a return at the end of the year and my accountant would know what to do.

Not sure if im actually entitled to anything now.

Advertisement