Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buried without coffin

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

BBDBB wrote: »
    how many "bags for life" do you think it would take to cover me?

Just one "bag of death" and there'll probably bring in a hefty government tax on it too for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

It's not just this, there are lots of cases where we're expected to change our ways to suit other nationalities, i'm just saying that they wouldn't be as accommodating as they expect us to be.

If anything that's a good thing though. We're more open minded and understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

How come the Irish always have to bend over backwards to please other nationalities and their beliefs? I'm pretty sure if we pushed them to change their laws we'd be told where to go or even loose our heads in the process.

What were the odds on the grim reaper having a keen interest in funerals?:D

It's a wooden box at the end of the day, and it's not like they're being banned - if you want a coffin, you can still have one. Just means people aren't forced by law to buy a ridiculously expensive box that serves no actual purpose, i think it's a good move.
    I've never understood why people weren't buried in cheap plywood or cardboard boxes with maybe a fancy looking one over it for the ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

delricyo wrote: »
    Not true. You cannot open a coffin as soon as the undertaker closes it. The coffin is burned as is

An Undertaker can open a coffin with the screw key, a casket can be prised open. In America a casket would never be sealed before a cremation, the family might think it is but it's not. You don't put a weighted casket into a furnace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Im so ugly i don't even think a coffin would let me lie in it. When i die ill just be left where i am, no body will even bother to roll me into a ditch or the throw me into the sea.

Advertisement