Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost bag in taxi

Options
  • 07-05-2013 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

I left a bag in a taxi on Friday night, would anyone have any idea where the most likely place that it would be handed in? Taxi was got from city centre out to Howth.

I went to my local garda station but no sign of it, the bag was left in the back of the taxi so driver might not of noticed until much later so could be anywhere.

It was a grey bag with glasses, sunglasses, an umbrella and a book in it...just in case by a bizarre stroke of luck someone here managed to find it!

Yes...drink had been taken on the night in question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This link to the Carraige Office may help. It advises you who to contact regarding property left in taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Sorry for your troubles but this highlights how important it is to ask for a receipt every time you get a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I left a bag in a taxi <snipped>
    Yes...drink had been taken on the night in question.
    Sorry for your troubles but this highlights how important it is to ask for a receipt every time you get a taxi.

Hmmm thought myself that it would highlight how important it is not to drink so much that it inhibits your common sense.

However, best bet is to check with CO in Santry and give them as much detail as possible or with a designated station

Next time suggestions are

1:- Use Driver Check App from NTA, allows you to check that the driver/vehicile are both registered as in use by the NTA and sends a message with the taxi number to a nominee

2:-Use an app like Hailo that will message you a receipt of which taxi you used, it's route is logged in case of dispute ( I think ) and if you tag a credit card onto it means you don't have to look for that last €5 you spent already in the pub

3:- Don't drink so much that your common sense is impeded

4:-Failing above get a receipt ( if you're sober enough )

• Registered Users Posts: 14 morgmorg

Call one of the 5 garda stations on the link above.

Also if they don't have it when you call, do so again in another week or so, I wouldn't imagine most taxi drivers would leave stuff in every night.

• Advertisement

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Hmmm thought myself that it would highlight how important it is not to drink so much that it inhibits your common sense.

However, best bet is to check with CO in Santry and give them as much detail as possible or with a designated station

Next time suggestions are

1:- Use Driver Check App from NTA, allows you to check that the driver/vehicile are both registered as in use by the NTA and sends a message with the taxi number to a nominee

2:-Use an app like Hailo that will message you a receipt of which taxi you used, it's route is logged in case of dispute ( I think ) and if you tag a credit card onto it means you don't have to look for that last €5 you spent already in the pub

3:- Don't drink so much that your common sense is impeded

4:-Failing above get a receipt ( if you're sober enough )
    Thanks for the patronising life advice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Thanks for the patronising life advice! :D

What?! I thought this poster gave you some really useful advice.

The OP is looking to find out how to get her bag back if possible. They were not looking for a condescending life-coaching lesson.

Back on-topic please.

tHB

The OP is looking to find out how to get her bag back if possible. They were not looking for a condescending life-coaching lesson.

Back on-topic please.

tHB

His bag by the way!

Hopefully no comments telling me that a man has no need for a bag so i shouldn't have been carrying one in the first place!

I've called those Garda stations but no luck so far, i'll try again next week. Thanks for the advice so far folks.

His bag by the way!

:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement