Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Ennis National School Site

• 07-05-2013 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I've been away from Ennis for a while. Does anyone know what will happen to the current Ennis National School site after they move to their new building?

I'm a past pupil there and the nostalgic part of me would hate to see it being knocked down.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't know if there are any definite plans for the site, there are rumours of a shopping centre or something.

If you have any nostalgia for it I'd recommend going into it, if the place isn't knocked down soon it'll fall down, it really isn't ageing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I have many the memories there also, mostly inside the principles office getting smacked around back in the 80's :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I don't know what's going to happen to the building,but I do know that the school is holding an event in connection with the Gathering to bring back past pupils to the old school before it closes.Think it's on June 8th,but it should be publicised in local media closer to the time.If you're thinking of visiting the school,it'd be a good weekend to do it.smile.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

I've been away from Ennis for a while. Does anyone know what will happen to the current Ennis National School site after they move to their new building?

I'm a past pupil there and the nostalgic part of me would hate to see it being knocked down.

They'll put up a parking lot, and they'll put the trees in a tree museum

Advertisement