Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coppers (limerick version)

• 07-05-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

is there a pub like Coppers in Limerick city? heading down there next month

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Yeah. Ma Ryan's. It's on the Dock Road beside Dolan's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

OP, I think you would be hard pushed to find a bar like Coppers in Limerick tbh. I'm struggling to even think of one in Cork that would be like it to be honest, let alone in a place as small as Limerick.

I'm assuming you are looking for a place with a similar clientele and similar reputation as Coppers, rather than somewhere that has an aesthetic similarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Mollies has a load of young wans with questionable morals when they be sipping on the bad decision juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

If by coppers you mean a place somewhere where everyone is handy , smyths/icon .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

D'Icon is probably as close to Coppers as you'd get in Limerick imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nancys is like Coppers. Rammed full of sweating blokes trying to pull women, and spilling beer all over said women. Also full of women who give out about being leered at, but secretly love it.
    Smyths/Icon could be close enough to coppers. Sin Bin would have been the classic place. Lots of "rural" folk going in there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nancys? that's nothing like Coppers, they don't play Maniac 2000 and the national anthem at the end of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Nancy's ? Not really like coppers , place does be packed but twenty people cause a crush there. You end up in outback ( bar out the back where people smoke) which is too small and you end up stinking of cigarettes without smoking

Well, it does end up like a meat market...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nancys is more like Diceys to be fair

• Advertisement

Well, it's packed and an easy place to pull, if that's what he means...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

One time it would have been Sin Bin but say Icon/Nancys/Flannerys now

Angel Lane. As soon as you pay the entrance fee you sign away your dignity for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

shaaane wrote: »
    Angel Lane Anal Pain. As soon as you pay the entrance fee you sign away your dignity for the night.

FYP. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

lkionm wrote: »
    bad decision juice.

Lol. That's a new one on me and a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Aidric wrote: »
    Lol. That's a new one on me and a good one.

plus one from me

Advertisement