Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing / kidnapped cat

Options
  • 07-05-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

If anyone is around the Grannagh area or passing by can they keep an eye out for a foxy cat. Our so called neighbour caught him in a rat trap, brought him out to Grannagh and left him there. The cat was missing a couple of days when a friend said they saw this neighbour put a foxy cat in his van in a cage. When confronted he admitted it and said he left the cat off out by the papermills. We have searched the area yesterday and this morning and there has been a couple of sightings. Any help greatly appreciated. We have a little one at home who keeps asking for him but we haven't told her yet. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

What kind of mentalist have you got as a neighbour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What a nasty thing to do. Any idea why he would do something so spiteful?

Best of luck finding your cat...hopefully she'll turn up safe and sound. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,131 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

decies wrote: »
    What kind of mentalist have you got as a neighbour ?

Patrick Jane

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Good grief. Have you reported the neighbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Cheers all. He is a right mentalist I tell ya. Unbelievable. We have called the guards and the ispca aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yeah I'd def be reporting them to ISPCA, curious did the cat have a collar/name tag? As if it did then very clearer the neighbour would have known the cat belonged to a person and wasn't a stray...but I'd assume they knew it was your cat anyway.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Yeah I'd def be reporting them to ISPCA, curious did the cat have a collar/name tag? As if it did then very clearer the neighbour would have known the cat belonged to a person and wasn't a stray...but I'd assume they knew it was your cat anyway.

He knew it was ours alright. He caught the cat in the trap before but at the time he said he had the trap out for rats and didn't mean to catch the cat. I just took his word for it.
    Cat didn't have a collar as any one we put on him kept coming off and he was l

Cabaal wrote: »

He knew it was ours alright. He caught the cat in the trap before but at the time he said he had the trap out for rats and didn't mean to catch the cat. I just took his word for it.
    Cat didn't have a collar as any one we put on him kept coming off and he was losing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Hey Coco, what's the name of the cat? Does he respond to the name?
    I'll have a look around when I get home this evening.

Hey Coco, what's the name of the cat? Does he respond to the name?
    I'll have a look around when I get home this evening.

Called foxy. Usually comes to herself when she calls. Dunno bout anyone else tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Are you living in the City?

My mother passed a cat like that on the Gracedieu road earlier today. I know thats a fair distance for a cat to travel but you never know...

Your neighbour sounds like a nut btw

wendydoll wrote: »
    Are you living in the City?

My mother passed a cat like that on the Gracedieu road earlier today. I know thats a fair distance for a cat to travel but you never know...

Your neighbour sounds like a nut btw

Ye out by Kilcohan. We got a call from someone out by Grannagh to say they seen a foxy cat running around so were out here looking again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

best of luck looking for the cat coco. hope its found safe and well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

cococoady wrote: »
    Ye out by Kilcohan. We got a call from someone out by Grannagh to say they seen a foxy cat running around so were out here looking again now.
    Whereabouts? I'll join ye when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I saw a ginger cat just past the maxol on the dunmore road on Sunday around 1. I could swear it had more white than then your pic it just stuck in my mind cos it seemed lost

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Hope you get your cat back. I can't believe what your neighbour done, He needs a good hiding. Cats are fairly tough and they'll go where the food is so you might get someone feeding him. You should get on to Wlr about the Cat and with the story too and you'll reach a bigger audience and hopefully get him back as long as that eejit didn't hurt him. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

That neighbour is a scumbag of the highest order ,heard his bitching now about people not talking to him ,,Rightly so ,TOTAL SCUM.....

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    That neighbour is a scumbag of the highest order ,heard his bitching now about people not talking to him ,,Rightly so ,TOTAL SCUM.....

I take it u no him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I take it u no him

Yes but...
    Got to know alot more about him since i heard about this last Sunday,,For what he is putting "A" through he deserves anything that coming to him.
    The whole area now know the type of person he is .

Really hope ye get Foxy back...

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Yes but...
    Got to know alot more about him since i heard about this last Sunday,,For what he is putting "A" through he deserves anything that coming to him.
    The whole area now know the type of person he is .

Really hope ye get Foxy back...

Cheers. Now it's wrecking me head who you are haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Cheers all. He is a right mentalist I tell ya. Unbelievable. We have called the guards and the ispca aswell

What did the guards have to say?

He sounds like the neighbour from hell.

I hope you get your cat back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's shocking to think someone would do such a thing. I hope you've been reunited with your cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Why havent the guards arrested him or at least told him if he doesnt go and find the cat he will be arrested?

This makes no sense at all.

Media999 wrote: »
    Why havent the guards arrested him or at least told him if he doesnt go and find the cat he will be arrested?

This makes no sense at all.

Guards took statements from both sides and have passed the file on. Just have to wait and see what comes of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I would suggest that you keep on the guards' backs about this, because they need to be reminded.

Advertisement