Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late lunch/early dinner

Options
  • 07-05-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Meeting a sibling this week as they pass through from Kerry on their way to Wexford. If I leave work at 3 to meet them, where's a good place not far from the beaten track that will feed and water us? Don't really want to go into town, but anywhere I'm familiar with (pubs mostly) probably only do grub up to 3pm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What side of the city are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Ideally it'd be somewhere close to the N40/25, as I'll be giving them directions and meeting them there jic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

corblimey wrote: »
    Ideally it'd be somewhere close to the N40/25, as I'll be giving them directions and meeting them there jic

The Viaduct Inn...

It's out on the Bandon Road,,just outside Bishopstown.

Fantastic food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The food in the killumney inn is pretty good. Just off the ballincollig bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The Elm Tree & The Rising Tide, both in Glounthaune.
    Just off the N25.

• Advertisement

Further west on the N25 is the thady inn. they do steak. Nice spot.

Elm tree is good as well. Rising tide is a soup and sambo place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

pwurple wrote: »
    Further west on the N25 is the thady inn. they do steak. Nice spot.
    ive never eaten in the thady but it comes highly recommended. i would advise tho that it is pretty much just steak they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

All good recommendations, some I've tried, some like the Thady I've been meaning to try for ages. I can check the websites (if they have one), but in general, these are all places serving food for that quiet period between 3 and 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

corblimey wrote: »
    All good recommendations, some I've tried, some like the Thady I've been meaning to try for ages. I can check the websites (if they have one), but in general, these are all places serving food for that quiet period between 3 and 6?

The Viaduct serve food up to about 9.00pm. If not even later.

http://www.viaductinn.com/index.html

They are pubs that serve pub food, so I think they serve all day. Elm tree does for sure. Might be no harm to give the thady a ring to check. They only do steak, so there is no menu really, and defo no website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement