Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amd a10 v i5 processor

Options
  • 07-05-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the amd a10 5700 processor compares to an i5 processor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It depends what for.

The A10 5800k performance wise is around the same as a latest gen i3 and is around the same price.

However the integrated graphics is far better. The 5800k has the best integrated graphics on any processor by quite a bit. Far better than anything on any of the intel chips.

This won't make a difference if you aren't gaming or if you are getting a dedicated graphics card.

For cpu performance the i5 would be well ahead of it but the prices are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Brave Harvey

yeah but thats the a10 5800k, i'm talking about the a10 5700 with amd radeon integrated graphics i think its called. Would this be sufficient to run a few programs simultaneously?? Would it run AutoCAD smoothly? Would it last well? the computer has 8gb ram and 2tb harddrive.

Advertisement