Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you do this season?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 11:32am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Texans (W)
    Vikes (W)

Raiders (battle of Heyward Bey and Cookie!) could go either way
    Ravens ( given my last game against pudsy, a loss)
    Colts (i'll go win here, but i need to pick the ball off to make it happen)
    Pats (will most likely be on hols for this game so Loss)
    Jags (Loss)
    Texans (W)
    Dolphins (W)

Bye Week (week 10)
    Packers (loss)
    Jets (loss)
    Jags (loss)
    Bills (W)
    Bears (W)

Colts (Loss - will split the games with Rock I'd imagine)
    Lions.. a definte last second victory for me :eek:

So will probably end up 8-8 or thereabouts, however that probably wont be enough for the play offs..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I have a tough schedule again this year. I'm matched up against The NFC East and The AFC West, which has become the division of death.

At the moment I have a few CPU games against 2 teams in the NFC East, and 1 against the Chiefs, knowing my luck Berty will take a holiday from the fairways to play me!!!

I fancy my chances of winning the division but it won't be easy (never has been). The Browns made some big off season moves, so I expect big things from them. It will be the 3rd QB in 3 season for the Ravens, so it will depend how quickly he settles in, and The Bengals gave me quite the hiding last year.

No handy win against the Titans this year, which always makes it more difficult! :pac:

I have been better at picking passes recently (6 TDs, 1 INT and 551 yards in the PFL)and hopefully that will carry over with Big Ben. I hope for another 1,000 yards for both Wallace and Brown. I think having 3 consecutive 1,000 seasons for 2 receivers would be nice!

The one aspect I want to improve in, is running. I had over 1,500 yards last year and a lot of the time it felt like a grind. May look to make a trade to improve at the HB position. My first rounder for next year is available!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Badly, but hope to lose less than five games by three points...so 17point loses instead. Went from making the playoffs to winning four games so ill be happy to finish any better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Benglas- Always a close game here, but I think I have won our previous meetings, so hopefully a W here

Cowboys- Dont think we've met, but aiming for another W

Steelers- The one team I cant get near despite playing him 5 times in 2 years so L

Titans- Heli seems to think I'll win, and who am I to argue? :pac: Nah this will be very close, but hoping for a W

Raiders- The master becomes the pupil, as I am up against the man I introduced to madden a few years back. He now routinely hammers me and I don't expect it to change here. I see nothing but a devestating L

Giants- A weakened giants team, and although he's beaten me in the past, I'll be aiming for a W

Jets- The return of the King, I'm screwed L

Redskins- CPU W

Browns- Another player I have yet to lose to, I think. However I think we'll split the series this time. He'll be gunning for me after a heartbreaking lose last year L

Eagles- An unknown quantity, could go either way. I'll go with a pessimistic L

Broncos- Beat me last year, in a game that ultimately decided my playoff fate. I'm coming for you Perrin! That said, L

Chargers- Shane to pile on the misery and stretch my losing streak L

Chiefs- CPU W

Steelers-I'm going to be optimistic and say I'll finally manage one W against my nemesis here.

Bengals- Hopefully a much needed W

Browns- A split series results in a W here

That would get me to 9-7, probably not enough for the playoffs. That is a ridiculously hard schedule though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cowboys are also CPU Pudsy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Cowboys are also CPU Pudsy

Thats great news! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I dunno,it could go anyway,I think I play the Raiders twice in my least 3 games of the season so that'll be big.
    Feeling good about it though,brought in protection for Manning this year at RG and RT and a new weapon with Cruz to throw at.
    Defense mostly the same just with an added CB for depth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Won't know for sure, never do, but the way I improved from season 1 to season 2, if I can do half that I will be well on my way to a deep playoff run.

My goal for this season is to go 16-0 and to make a Superbowl appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Benglas- Always a close game here, but I think I have won our previous meetings, so hopefully a W here

Cowboys- Dont think we've met, but aiming for another W

Steelers- The one team I cant get near despite playing him 5 times in 2 years so L

Titans- Heli seems to think I'll win, and who am I to argue? :pac: Nah this will be very close, but hoping for a W

Raiders- The master becomes the pupil, as I am up against the man I introduced to madden a few years back. He now routinely hammers me and I don't expect it to change here. I see nothing but a devestating L

Giants- A weakened giants team, and although he's beaten me in the past, I'll be aiming for a W

Jets- The return of the King, I'm screwed L

Redskins- CPU W

Browns- Another player I have yet to lose to, I think. However I think we'll split the series this time. He'll be gunning for me after a heartbreaking lose last year L

Eagles- An unknown quantity, could go either way. I'll go with a pessimistic L

Broncos- Beat me last year, in a game that ultimately decided my playoff fate. I'm coming for you Perrin! That said, L

Chargers- Shane to pile on the misery and stretch my losing streak L

Chiefs- CPU W

Steelers-I'm going to be optimistic and say I'll finally manage one W against my nemesis here.

Bengals- Hopefully a much needed W

Browns- A split series results in a W here

That would get me to 9-7, probably not enough for the playoffs. That is a ridiculously hard schedule though!

Thanks for that pudsy! Of course you'll win now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Won't know for sure, never do, but the way I improved from season 1 to season 2, if I can do half that I will be well on my way to a deep playoff run.

My goal for this season is to go 16-0 and to make a Superbowl appearance.

mikey with the way you play its definitely possible.

Do you play the Jets :eek:

mikey with the way you play its definitely possible.

Do you play the Jets :eek:

Nope! :D Hence the 16-0, not 15-1 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'm hoping to win at least one user game and all my CPU games still only getting the hang of the franchise so it'll give me a bit of experience going into madden 14

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Nope! :D Hence the 16-0, not 15-1 :pac:

Lets see if you can beat The Steelers without switching off your internet halfway through!

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Lets see if you can beat The Steelers without switching off your internet halfway through!

Ah yes, the old "quit while winning in the 4th quarter" trick. I've perfected it to the point where after switching it off, I stay connected to Xbox Live and even stay chatting in the party chat. Amazing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ah yes, the old "quit while winning in the 4th quarter" trick. I've perfected it to the point where after switching it off, I stay connected to Xbox Live and even stay chatting in the party chat. Amazing!
    Enough of your excuses you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

With 2 CPU teams in the NFC North I'd be disappointed to not make the playoffs especially after getting off to a good start against a strong 49ers team, however I can already feel the same "always the bridesmaid" disappointment once there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

SuperBertiebowl champions...........that is all :D

Jags (Loss)
    Jags (loss)

Th2EKCf.gif

Bit late I know, but I found the perfect gif for this. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns will go 7-9

Miss the playoffs and play spoiler in the final weeks

I will be happy with 3-3 in my division, desperate for some division wins!

Advertisement