Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phone watch

Options
  • 07-05-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anybody tell me if there is a way to over ride eircom phone watch just to use it as an alarm without it been connected to the phone watch system??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I could be wrong but I dont think the phone watch alarm actually makes a sound. When triggered it alerts Eircom and the guards, but it doesn't go off, so turning off the phone watch aspect wouldn't give you a regular alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sammietoes

Sammietoes wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if there is a way to over ride eircom phone watch just to use it as an alarm without it been connected to the phone watch system??

The eircom watch has been turned off it was a working loud alarm before it was turned off but I think we need some code to over ride it to use it as a normal alarm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Whats the make and model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

What system have you got ?
    Red lights - male voice = simon
    Blue lights - female voice = simon xt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sammietoes wrote: »
    The eircom watch has been turned off it was a working loud alarm before it was turned off but I think we need some code to over ride it to use it as a normal alarm

Once communications numbers between the alarm and P.W have being deleted the alarm will work as a stand alone alarm. Some only have dummy bell boxes installed so dont ring outside. Some of there systems also have a domestic dialer built in that can be used to contact the owner in the event of the alarm activating. Do you have a picture of the unit or make of the system?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

unplug the phone line

you will need the code to turn it off and on

unplug the phone line

you will need the code to turn it off and on

On most systems if you do this without deleting the numbers you will get a beeping every couple of hours. Line failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Slowmonie

Hi all. Just joined and very impressed with this board. Well done to all.

Firstly I have a Nynex PW alarm currently monitered. It's old and in situ since 1996.

1. I am intending to drop monitered service and getting rid of landline as costing to much.
    2. I realise I only have an external dummy bell so only have internal siren.
    3. On Monday a phone watch engineer is calling out to do annual service and possible give me a quote to upgrade my old system.
    4. I had asked could they supply a GSM connection or unit post line cut off but told system to old and hense their suggested upgrade quote!!

My main questions are
    1. Can I get then system taken off phone line and become stand alone alarm
    2. Can I get them to disconnect dialed to PW monitered to stop system calling them back .
    3. Can I get the engineer to give me the " engineer code" if needed later?
    4. If engineer code not given can I get it elsewhere?
    4. Would it be easy to do 1 and 2 myself?
    5 can an external bell be attached as I only have dummy one ?

My feeling is it would be less expensive to get the engineer to disconnect both while out with me to save expense of further call outs and excuses from PW. I feel ther upgrade maybe quite expensive and worry if worth it as system very old.
    I may take a quote and stall my commitment until further down the road but get them to disconnect both.
    I would appreciate any help and suggestions from your good selves.
    Also is it possible to attain engineers code from yourselves.
    Thanks a million in advance and sorry form the long winded approach.

(P.s didn't realise I had double posted this in a couple of places on the board. Did not think it went when I first tried it and then lost the thread. Pasted it on another thread then. Sorry if it went against board rules. I hold my hands up as am a newbie rushing in all enthusiastic . Sorry again. )

It is a very old system, an external bell can be added. They can upgrade this system using a Concord with 319 receiver. By doing this they are still using your older sensors but giving you a new control panel. With the Concord you can add 433 sensors to this system as 319 are obsolete now. Either system will work with UPC if you have this installed instead of a GSM.

altor wrote: »
    It is a very old system, an external bell can be added. They can upgrade this system using a Concord with 319 receiver. By doing this they are still using your older sensors but giving you a new control panel. With the Concord you can add 433 sensors to this system as 319 are obsolete now. Either system will work with UPC if you have this installed instead of a GSM.

Thanks Altor for your reply.
    I had the PW engineer out on Monday . He said that they only supply one alarm now and that my system cannot be added to or utalised with there new system. I assumed he was promoting a total new alarm that was 499 euro upgrade price but came with a very expensive monthly PW monitoring of 35 euro pm. I got him to disconnect from line and PW dialer too. I found out the engineering code was the same one as I use myself which is handy. I realise the system is old but all sensors are working fine. Would any alarm engineer be able to attach a bell to the system or would that be a problem now I have disconnected with PW?
    Another thing I was wondering from previous post I have read, is it easy to change the batteries in the sensors or panel if needed later . I know the battery the sensors takes is "LS 14250c 3.6v"
    It's in the hand remote. Not sure where to get them tho.
    Altor by any chance would you have any idea what the concord upgrade may cost for me with external bell attached using my current sensors as a GSM type. A ball park about figure even from experience just to give me an idea.

I realise I have thrown a lot of question at you but appreciate and info you can give. Thanks again for the help.

• Advertisement

I would not have one of these control panels in stock, they are used by P.W. I have different parts like receivers and the like from installing them but they are no good with out the control panel.

It is a very old system and installing a new system would be the way to go as parts off this old system are obsolete. Replacing batteries would be fine. Just replacing anything faulty would not.

altor wrote: »
    I would not have one of these control panels in stock, they are used by P.W. I have different parts like receivers and the like from installing them but they are no good with out the control panel.

It is a very old system and installing a new system would be the way to go as parts off this old system are obsolete. Replacing batteries would be fine. Just replacing anything faulty would not.

Thanks Altor. Your help is much appreciated. A new one is the safe option I suppose but I am looking for alternatives to the very expensive PW. It's the enforced monitering that's the problem as the engineer told me they don't fit them as stand alone without monitering so no deal.
    Thanks again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shop around is your best bet.
    Remember any licenced company can provide you with a standalone system and the option of monitoring without it being forced upon you.
    Again. Phonewatch is no longer owned by Eircom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement