Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online poker, internet usage

Options
  • 07-05-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Just curious if anyone knew what the internet usage on Full tilt poker is like ?

Basically I got a job away from home during the week and currently have no internet during the week, I return home at weekends. I was looking to get internet in just for online poker purposes.

I was going to get the 02 broadband, €20 a month, 15GB. Would this be a enough just for online poker, I have free internet access on my phone so I wouldn't need it for anything else. The very most I would be playing would be 3 - 4 hours a night.

Id also be open to any alternatives.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

15 gbps loads, prob get away with less than 5 gbps realistically, better deals out there than that O2 one though. if you have free net on phone why not try tethering it for the poker first and see if you need more?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Deco99 wrote: »
    15 gbps loads, prob get away with less than 5 gbps realistically, better deals out there than that O2 one though. if you have free net on phone why not try tethering it for the poker first and see if you need more?

Thanks for the response.

I would be playing multiple tables as well if that would make any difference ??

I thought about tethering the phone but I only have 1gb on that so I just presumed that would not be enough, it is grand for doing everything else like FB and twitter etc.

I thought €20 would have been reasonable enough, I would have tried to get unlimited, but there is already a land line and just though I would be paying over the odds for the broadband alone with out the landline or tv.

Advertisement