Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atheism. what does it stand for? Biscuits, it seems!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I don't feel safe in here anymore like.

Tell that to the elevator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Have a biscuit you'll be grand in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Jernal wrote: »
    Tell that to the elevator.

Do you mean the 'lift'? :confused:

*not an American*

PlainP wrote: »
    Have a biscuit you'll be grand in no time.

Found a packet of K**-K** in the fridge.

They are only me daza.

Down there for dancing Like.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Few naggins, be grand like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

kiffer wrote: »
    It is in me hole...

What is?

endacl wrote: »
    What is?

An Eel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

darjeeling wrote: »
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_obesity

Hide the biscuits - they're onto us!

:pac:

Oh, so that's where John Waters gets his ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

But oldrnwisr, Christianity is harmless, its what the Catholic church does with it is where the harm comes in. Can you link me to any evidence that show Christianity itself is any harm?

But oldrnwisr, Christianity is harmless, its what the Catholic church does with it is where the harm comes in. Can you link me to any evidence that show Christianity itself is any harm?

Oldrnwisr believe Jesus to be a sociopathic biscuit. Well, sociopath really I just added in the last bit to stay remotely on topic. It's an interesting question though surely? What would a sociopathic biscuit look like? What would it taste like?

• Advertisement

It got one poor bugger nailed to a plank...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

It's an interesting question though surely? What would a sociopathic biscuit look like? What would it taste like?

I think it would look amazing on the outside. It will really 'charm' you to get you to try it. Once you taste sociopathic biscuit at first it will seem okay, but then it will destroy your life and leave a bitter after taste that will never leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What the heck happened here?:confused::confused::confused:

article-0-192C85F5000005DC-805_634x525.jpg
    article-0-192C85FD000005DC-905_634x459.jpg

That's probably an utter atrocity.

I'd sooner rub my face in glitter and go streaking down Grand Parade than eat a shop bought cake by the likes of McVities or Cadburys.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Gbear wrote: »
    I'd sooner rub my face in glitter [...]
    Not Gary, I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

The Crusades. Your turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The Crusades.

And the Salem Witch Trials

The Crusades. Your turn.
    I'll have a go till he gets back.

Ummmm...... Witch Trials. Thousands of entirely innocent women burned, hung or drowned across Europe until the 18th century. Well, mainly till then. Sporadically since in isolated incidents.

Back atcha.

Damn. Coolhull got in first. Must remain brief.

OK. Inquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Anti semitism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

endacl wrote: »
    Damn. Coolhull got in first. Must remain brief.

OK. Inquisition.

I didn't expect that.

• Advertisement

I didn't expect that.
    Nobody does!

Christianity is harmless, its what the Catholic church does with it is where the harm comes in.
    Without "christianity", the catholic church and other christian churches wouldn't exist.

"Christianity" is what the christian churches exist for, and as a death-obsessed religion, it's hardly any surprise that its adherents hold so little value for human life. Anyhow, in addition to the inquisition, the crusades, antisemitism, christianity has also provided the world with:

Institutional homophobia
    Protection of child abusers
    Telling outrageous lies about contraceptives
    Telling outrageous lies about sex
    Crucial electoral support to Adolf Hitler when he most needed it
    Control of Irish schools and the forcible indoctrination of innocent kids
    The Magdalene Laundries
    Centuries of religiously-inspired vandalism, wars, persecution and hatred
    The "Alive" proprag
    Fish on fridays
    No drink on "good" friday or christmas day
    Benny Hinn, Rush Limbaugh, Billy Graham, Jimmy Swaggart, Jerry Falwell, William Lane Craig, Alister McGrath and a virtual infinity of other two-bit tub-thumpers
    The Prosperity Gospel
    Jonestown

I could go on, but that's probably enough for the moment.

robindch wrote: »
    Without "christianity", the catholic church and other christian churches wouldn't exist.

"Christianity" is what the christian churches exist for, and as a death-obsessed religion, it's hardly any surprise that its adherents hold so little value for human life. Anyhow, in addition to the inquisition, the crusades, antisemitism, christianity has also provided the world with:

Institutional homophobia
    The Magdalene Laundries
    The "Alive" proprag
    Fish on fridays
    Benny Hinn, Rush Limbaugh, Billy Graham, Jimmy Swaggart, Jerry Falwell, William Lane Craig, Alister McGrath and a virtual infinity of other two-bit tub-thumpers
    The Prosperity Gospel
    Jonestown

I could go on, but that's probably enough for the moment.

Don't forget Easter eggs. On the face of it, a good thing you may think. Pound for pound though, overpriced chocolate. Better off spending the money on bars.

Actually, scrap that. Better off spending the money in bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Institutional homophobia
    The Magdalene Laundries
    The "Alive" proprag
    Fish on fridays
    The Prosperity Gospel
    Jonestown

I said there was nothing wrong with Christianity, did I say there was nothing wrong with the Catholic church? All those things people have listed are got to do with the RCC.

People here do know that there is a difference between Christianity and Catholicism don't they?????

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jonestown

People here do know that there is a difference between Christianity and Catholicism don't they?????

The Catholic church is a Christian church.

Also, those above are evangelical Christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Institutional homophobia
    The Magdalene Laundries
    The "Alive" proprag
    Fish on fridays
    The Prosperity Gospel
    Jonestown

I said there was nothing wrong with Christianity, did I say there was nothing wrong with the Catholic church? All those things people have listed are got to do with the RCC.

Look at the list again: Not everything on it is catholic. A lot of it is, but not all of it. And even more is not specific only to catholicism but also found in many other variants.

And yes people know the difference between christianity and catholicism. One is a subset of the other. Remove catholicism from christianity and you're not dealing with christianity, you're dealing with a different subset of christianity.

Do you want to deal with christianity minus catholicism? That's not christianity, it's just 'the rest' of christianity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

I couldn't be arsed to go back over 30 pages, as only a pedant would do that.

Did anyone mention Walkers Shortbread Highlanders? Hand-rolled in Demerara sugar.

Just saying, like.

Only like THREE TIMES on EVERY PAGE!!! OMG people should backread before commenting.

*tuts extra loudly*

*SIGHS DRAMATICALLY*

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

*has immense overreaction*

Just kidding. I love a bit of shortbread too.

Also I would eat that whole Jaffa Cake cake on my own and not even be ashamed.

• Advertisement

:eek:

Ummmm.....

*shakes head*

Christianity = belief that Jesus Christ was the Son of God made mortal who sacrificed himself to save mankind from eternal damnation.

Roman Catholicism = a Christian denomination which believes that Jesus Christ was the Son of God made mortal who sacrificed himself to save mankind from eternal damnation who appointed Peter as his successor on Earth. Peter is (alleged) to have founded the Church in Rome and was it's first bishop.

I have often encountered some confusion among Irish Catholics about who is and who is not a 'Christian' but this usually takes the form of them not realising that, for example, Protestants are Christian.

This is the first time I've seen anyone (at least outside of the documents dating from the Reformation that I have read) try and claim Catholicism and Christianity are two completely different things.

On Topic bit lest I draw the wrath of the Mods:

Walkers Shortbread = yummy yummy in my tummy.

Advertisement