Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atheism. what does it stand for? Biscuits, it seems!

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Some of them seem to be non stamp collectors that strangely spend their days complaining about stamp collectors and turn that into a hobby / obsession.

If only those bloody stamp collectors would stop trying to read my postmark!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Some of them seem to be non stamp collectors that strangely spend their days complaining about stamp collectors and turn that into a hobby / obsession.

This usually only happens in cases where stamp collectors insist that non stamp collectors lives be governed by the rules of stamp collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

So....what kind of biscuits do you like?
    Don't be shy now, tell us how you really feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mostly just the nights. I tend not to be on here during the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Can you say for sure that Jesus preached that or is that somebody elses interpretation
    Yeah Robin, were you even there?

• Advertisement

VsCUCuL.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Checkmate atheists...

gVOVYlH.jpg

Bet you wish Adsense showed you the truth like it has me..

6bcHcFZ.jpg

But seriously who the f*ck pays for these ads. I'm in bloody A+A the likelyhood of these ads working on anyone are one in a billion...

But then again maybe I'm that one...
    >.>
    <.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    In terms of Jesus' character, the best texts we have to go on are anonymous (i.e. the Gospels) and forged (e.g. 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, 2 Thessalonians) written decades after his death. They contain inaccuracies (Mark Ch. 5) and contradictions (date of Jesus birth in Matthew and Luke). So the idea that we have any real idea of what Jesus would and would not have said in reality is ridiculous.

Somewhere, philolololologos weeps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

I have to admit, I found this one strangely compelling. If I had to wear that hat to make a living, there's no way I'd be smiling that broadly. It simply proves that the answers to all life's problems are to be found by clicking on random adverts on the Internet

I have to admit, I found this one strangely compelling. If I had to wear that hat to make a living, there's no way I'd be smiling that broadly. It simply proves that the answers to all life's problems are to be found by clicking on random adverts on the Internet
    That is the smile of a man who's just been told his family's safety depends on him smiling!

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sarky perhaps you should read the thread before you comment in future. I had already retracted the comment you refer to in this post.

Only by silence. Still waiting for that list of people on this forum you claimed were militant atheists. You withdrew a completely different claim about atheists. Could you just clarify that you've also withdrawn your claim about people on this forum? Just so we're all clear on the issue? Just because someone didn't say 'no' it doesn't mean that they said 'yes'. Perhaps you could remember what you've been posting yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

robindch wrote: »
    Your options at this point are:

1. Stop trolling and debate like an adult.
    2. Don't stop and immediately get carded or banned for trolling.

Your move, kid.

I am trying to debate like an adult, if I'm going to get banned for nothing I'll leave this topic now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Sarky wrote: »
    Only by silence. Still waiting for that list of people on this forum you claimed were militant atheists. You withdrew a completely different claim about atheists. Could you just clarify that you've also withdrawn your claim about people on this forum? Just so we're all clear on the issue? Just because someone didn't say 'no' it doesn't mean that they said 'yes'. Perhaps you could remember what you've been posting yourself?

I have a response to this but will I get banned for posting it? There's a chance it contains a bit of back seat modding. Genuine question.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

[...] if I'm going to get banned for nothing [...]
    You won't get "banned for nothing". You will get carded or banned for continuing to ignore people's patient replies, continuing to fail to answer questions that you've been asked repeatedly, failing to stick to the rules and standards of polite debate and generally failing to take part in a mature, reasonable way in the discussion that everybody else is having around you.

For the avoidance of doubt, a conversation happens when the attention span of all posters is roughly equal, and when the levels of interest shown by all posters to each other is roughly equal. In your recent postings, you've demonstrated the attention span of a hamster and the conversational empathy of a corpse.

Back-seat modding is also disallowed. If you have issues with the forum moderation, please feel free to take them to the feedback forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

109104.jpg

hmmm, dessert of the gods!

kuro_man wrote: »
    109104.jpg

hmmm, dessert of the gods!

Nice touch. Pride. Only six more deadly sin biccies to go...

Advertisement