Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atheism. what does it stand for? Biscuits, it seems!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Stop exaggerating. The way you and some of your other atheists go on, you would swear you were encountered on a daily basis by theists trying to convert you. With most of you it's just an excuse a rebellion against what is right, and normal.

Unclear how the above addresses anything I said. I do not recall saying anything about conversions either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Stop exaggerating. The way you and some of your other atheists go on, you would swear you were encountered on a daily basis by theists trying to convert you. With most of you it's just an excuse a rebellion against what is right, and normal.

It's a phase....
    LOLZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

With most of you it's just an excuse a rebellion against what is right, and normal.
    There we go.

You've basically just come full circle there.

What you believe is "right and normal" does not make it "right and normal"

In fact, your attempt here to tell atheists to shut up and go away because they're "wrong and abnormal" is pretty much exactly the reason why forums like this exist - because people like you exist.

Maybe if you kept your opinions to yourself, we would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

oh crap, i've been feeding a troll for the last 10 minutes..*sigh!*

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kennryyr

rebellion against what is right, and normal.

I'm sorry. Please send me your references to be able to make such sweeping statements as that.

I didn't realise there was a study out which proved that Catholicism* is right and normal.

God damn those other Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

So really why do you put so much effort into a pointless and non productive ' cause '

Some people are not happy to be silent on:

- Wars, atrocities and murder committed in the name of religions
    - Child abuse and its cover up
    - The manipulation of women
    - The integration of religious systems in schools and government
    - The "us and them" world that is often associated with the HOLIER THAN THOU argument
    - The treatment of homosexuality
    - The contradictions between religious wealth and chastity
    - The use of the bible/Quran as a prime piece of evidence to explain the universe
    - The arguments for and against absolute versus relative morality

There are many areas where religion infiltrates into daily life. Perhaps atheists see some of these things as important points and productive.

Dont feed the troll...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

daithi1970 wrote: »
    oh crap, i've been feeding a troll for the last 10 minutes..*sigh!*

Ye, time to go off and get a cup of tea :cool:

:D:D:D

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ye, time to go off and get a cup of tea :cool:

I have some fancy bikkies from M&S that my Mam bought me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Tell us what's right and normal about your belief system. Oh and welcome to boards.ie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Stop exaggerating.
    252791.gif

Is this ecce dei whatsit who was banned the other day for their smite filled posts? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

you might as well make up a label for those who don't believe in collecting stamps

I am a proud aphilatelist I'll have you know!

What a dull and unimaginative troll.

Suppose I may as well correct some scripts so......hope the standard is better than the that attempt at trolling...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I have some fancy bikkies from M&S that my Mam bought me.

Everyone keeps telling me how amazing M&S cookies are!
    I made my own batch yesterday but I still need to try some :D

old hippy wrote: »
    Is this ecce dei whatsit who was banned the other day for their smite filled posts? :D

I missed smite filled posts???? :eek:

Awwww bolex! I love a good smite filled post.

I'm quite partial to M&S food. Had some of their fresh pasta the other day; wicked, sinful stuff :D

They are very good.

Today's fancy M&S bikkie is stem ginger.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Plenty of people don't believe in things, ideas, philosophies, but they don't make up pointless labels to wear for them disbeliefs. Atheism stands for nothing, you don't believe in God? so what. I bet there are lots of things you don't believe in, but do you have little labels for those too ? no. So really why do you put so much effort into a pointless and non productive ' cause '

Most people are atheist due to a dis-satisfaction with biblical ideas and the idea of a God generally. Atheists are not on a crusade against theist belief most if not all are quiet unless challenged about their beliefs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I missed smite filled posts???? :eek:

Awwww bolex! I love a good smite filled post.

It was on the TD's and communion thread, the banned one posted

"God is to be loved as well as feared. The church warns that God will judge and condemn those who live lives of debauchery, dishonesty, corruption and immorality. Of course you won't hear about this too much these days because angry God has been air-brushed out of the curriculum and the "nice bits" are emphasised. A failure on the part of those in charge of the catechesis of the faithful and their children."

This sort of post is one of the reasons why I'll shout my atheism from the rooftops. Steeples, even, if need be.

Imagine, the sort of person who wants angry vengeful god to be taught to the kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

old hippy wrote: »

Imagine, the sort of person who wants angry vengeful god to be taught to the kids?

But but but.....smiley cuddly God doesnt scare them into behaving as desired.....there is only so far u can get with guilt after all......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Plenty of people don't believe in things, ideas, philosophies, but they don't make up pointless labels to wear for them disbeliefs. Atheism stands for nothing, you don't believe in God? so what. I bet there are lots of things you don't believe in, but do you have little labels for those too ? no. So really why do you put so much effort into a pointless and non productive ' cause '

I'm loving the way he makes this point and then his post is thanked by "i'm invisible". Or is it only me that sees a happy irony in that?

Obliq wrote: »
    I'm loving the way he makes this point and then his post is thanked by "i'm invisible". Or is it only me that sees a happy irony in that?

Pity it wasn't thanked by 'doesn't_exist'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Go home OP, you are drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Aww, I missed feeding time at the troll house. Darn lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

and on the third day the troll rose again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

That's my irony fix for today sorted nice and early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Can we please get back on topic folks!!!

Hon nobs are clearly the best biscuits!

Advertisement