Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atheism. what does it stand for? Biscuits, it seems!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Some atheists just want to watch the world burn. Particularly atheist moderators.
    You Are Being Watched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I'd love a good trolling attempt. Disappointing thread is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

JimiTime wrote: »
    Its because it is a 'thing' these days. Though strictly speaking the word atheist has a specific definition, most, if not all, people who actually use the word to describe themselves are usually what I would describe as, religiously atheist.

You use that word as though it were a derogatory term.

I'm starting to think this thread should be stickied. It would serve as the go-to thread for all those with bees in their bonnets about the non-religious.

It could be filled with all sorts of victim-complexes, petty sniping, old chestnuts, canards, even some trolling. I'd say we could even keep the title - it's quite catchy.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it could actually work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Jernal wrote: »
    It's never too late for a good biscuit.
    image.jpg

All ye oldies with your ancient biscuits.Oreos all the way. Cup of hot coffee and your sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

HurtLocker wrote: »
    [IMG]]http://m.flickr.com/photos/torbenh/3365544980/lightbox/[/IMG]

All ye oldies with your retro bickies

ZA0gu

Comment of the day! and fixed yer post....nope. No I didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Obliq wrote: »
    Comment of the day! and fixed yer post....nope. No I didn't.

:confused: I don't know what's wrong with it so to be on the safe side I edited it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Yup! Works now - there be oreos :D Might have been just me who could see nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

old hippy wrote: »
    Is this ecce dei whatsit who was banned the other day for their smite filled posts? :D

Possibly, but he also came back as snouts. And didn't even last the day.

And Agnus's posting history was beginning to resemble a former Thespian poster's as well, so who knows how many regenerations he is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The point I am making is .... Atheism is pointless ! you might as well make up a label for those who don't believe in collecting stamps

Well you got 8 pages out your troll, to which all I can do is

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-jpBA.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Its because it is a 'thing' these days. Though strictly speaking the word atheist has a specific definition, most, if not all, people who actually use the word to describe themselves are usually what I would describe as, religiously atheist.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Zombrex wrote: »
    Well you got 8 pages out your troll, to which all I can do is

8? And here was I thinking Zombrex was one of the cool guys?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Do you know many atheists? Like, in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Butterkeks

BUTTERKEKS

I could sit down and eat a whole packet of them.
    And oreos.

I do like mikado sometimes too, but they're not good for dunking.
    Butterkeks and german vanilla tea = heaven

afk moving to germany

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Agreed Dades but indoctrinated people could feel obliged to hassle atheists to save them from "hell" and all that. That would be a good reason as far as they are concerned.
    It'd be nice if those religious, like those who support discrimination in schools, for example, would mind their own business too. :)
    Do you know many atheists? Like, in real life?
    Just those of us who've called to his door to hand out our leaflets.

Some atheists just want to watch the world burn. Particularly atheist moderators.

We've been rumbled. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

We've been rumbled. :eek:

Act-ually I am a moderate atheist - this is a completely different thing to an atheist moderator so, sir - I remain blissfully unrumbled.

Kit-kat - bikkie or bar?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Act-ually I am a moderate atheist - this is a completely different thing to an atheist moderator so, sir - I remain blissfully unrumbled.

Kit-kat - bikkie or bar?

A bar :confused:

bluewolf wrote: »

But it's not a bar in the way a whole nut, for example, is a bar. It is essentially chocolate covered wafer biscuits joined together....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Kit-kat - bikkie or bar?
    Regular or chunky?

The introduction of the chunky in 1998 led to a bit of a paradigm shift when considering the biscuit/bar question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Dades wrote: »
    Just those of us who've called to his door to hand out our leaflets.

Save the Unborn Oreos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭swampgas

Kit-kat - bikkie or bar?

The KitKat is the Schroedinger's Cat of confectionery. It is in a superposition of states, both biscuit and bar, until the wrapper is opened.

Be careful of absolute positions. I lean towards thinking of the kitkat as a bar, but I'm open to changing my mind as rational arguments are put to me. I suppose I'm a bit of an agnostic kitkat-wise.

But it's not a bar in the way a whole nut, for example, is a bar. It is essentially chocolate covered wafer biscuits joined together....

It's a bar with wafer filling in it :pac:

swampgas wrote: »
    The KitKat is the Schroedinger's CitCat of confectionery. It is in a superposition of states, both biscuit and bar, until the wrapper is opened.
    FYP

It's a bar with wafer filling in it :pac:

or is it a biscuit manifesting as a bar?

Chunky was an abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Chocolate covered Mikados; now there's something I've only discovered last year and cannot help myself with. N to the OM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Lads, ye can't bate a chocolate digestive with a cuppa tae :pac:

Lads, ye can't bate a chocolate digestive with a cuppa tae :pac:
    You certainly can't. The tae would splatter everywhere. Drink the tae first, then bate the bejaysus outta the chocolate digestive with the cup.

I suggest having an A&A tea + biscuit party sometime.
    In the meantime, for everyone.

• Advertisement

I suggest having an A&A tea + biscuit party sometime.
    We could do it now. Everybody go make a cup of tea, grab a biscuit, and be back here to press play on Jernal's vid at midnight on the dot.

Here's the linkidink for 'midnight on the dot'. Or midnight on the pale blue, if you prefer your tea + biscuit parties cockney style...

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Advertisement