Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atheism. what does it stand for? Biscuits, it seems!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I see a few moderators in here. I usually have a bit of a problem with authority for its potential to be abused. But on this occasion I have a cunning plan. One of us needs to infiltrate the theists forums and move up the ranks to moderator status. The one of us comes in as a troll questioning the theists like the op. The mole moderator shall then begin to ban any theist who can't come up with a valid reason to defend their beliefs and shall state 'as is in accordance with the scriptures' after every ban handed out. What do you reckon? Doable?

CHRIST!
    What is going on here at all? ? ? How did you guys know? My plans are unravelling around me like a house of cards. :(
    *Is secretly an undercover Roman Catholic.*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I see a few moderators in here. I usually have a bit of a problem with authority for its potential to be abused. But on this occasion I have a cunning plan. One of us needs to infiltrate the theists forums and move up the ranks to moderator status. The one of us comes in as a troll questioning the theists like the op. The mole moderator shall then begin to ban any theist who can't come up with a valid reason to defend their beliefs and shall state 'as is in accordance with the scriptures' after every ban handed out. What do you reckon? Doable?

It'd depend on what biscuits they're having over there, tbh.

I reckon they'd be rich tea people.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Burn him at the stake, I bet he doesn't even like biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Jernal wrote: »
    For reference to any of the freshers' mind's who haven't been heavily indoctrinated in the art of our biscuity atheism cult yet.

Ive started reading the link you posted to, laughed so hard that the middle of my chest hurt. Have it book marked for tomorrows studies. Decided to save it for when I have some biscuits / not wagon wheels, and tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Nope. Wafers only. And pretty bland ones at that. And bringing dips is frowned on.

• Advertisement

Ive started reading the link you posted to, laughed so hard that the middle of my chest hurt. Have it book marked for tomorrows studies. Decided to save it for when I have some biscuits / not wagon wheels, and tea.
    By all means enjoy a wagon wheel with your tea. Just don't refer to it as a biscuit.

noob1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Mariettas - that's what the Nuns always gave us when we went on retreat.

(and watery minestrone soup).

Sorry my bad. What are us atheists supposed to do when we've done wrong and feel guilty and shame and need to repent? Sure would be good if there was a big book of rules I could follow that tells me how to act and think. This atheist thing is hard work, no big book, can't call wagon wheels or kit kats biscuits. I'm beginning to see where OP was coming from.

Sorry my bad. What are us atheists supposed to do when we've done wrong and feel guilty and shame and need to repent? Sure would be good if there was a big book of rules I could follow that tells me how to act and think. This atheist thing is hard work, no big book, can't call wagon wheels or kit kats biscuits. I'm beginning to see where OP was coming from.

Have a break - have a ***-***

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

endacl wrote: »
    Important bit in bold.

;)

Indeed it is, as its all that matters :)

• Advertisement

Narrowly avoided blasphemy there I see. Wise call. There could have been a level 10 atheist with his ceremonial wacking stick around.

You use that word as though it were a derogatory term.

Depending on what it is you are religious about, it CAN be derogatory. You can draw your own conclusions as to whether 'atheist' is derogatory :)

JimiTime wrote: »
    Read on from there. We're not doing serious on this one any more.

KitKat. Biscuit or bar? It'd be interesting to get an outside opinion on the big questions.

KitKat. Biscuit or bar? It'd be interesting to get an outside opinion on the big questions.

In that case, my answer is yes.

On the contrary

tumblr_mk0wv4uqdp1r8penvo1_500.gif

is all that matters.

In that case, my answer is yes.
    Agnostic so?

:D

Narrowly avoided blasphemy there I see. Wise call. There could have been a level 10 atheist with his ceremonial wacking stick around.
    Whacky, not whacking!

Jebus Chrisp! You're still on probation...

Agnostic so?

:D

Agnostics - the bisexuals of belief.

:pac:

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Agnostics - the bisexuals of belief.

:pac:
    That should be our band name! You still have that trumpet?

Emmm....

There's also the elevator and coffee. . .

• Advertisement

That should be our band name! You still have that trumpet?

I do as it happens and I can still get it to make that paarrrrrrppppppp sound.

I do as it happens and I can still get it to make that paarrrrrrppppppp sound.
    The 'mellifluous fart'?

There's also the elevator and coffee. . .

stargate.gif

The 'mellifluous fart'?

In C Major.

The 'mellifluous fart'?

Didn't we have a thread about cow's farts once and sniffing them?. See how many different analogies we could use them in? I think it was like mid thread for a few posts. Ickle Magoo's post was brilliant.
    Sarky!!
    Link please!!!

Didn't we have a thread about cow's farts once and sniffing them?. See how many different analogies we could use them in? I think it was like mid thread for a few posts. Ickle Magoo's post was brilliant.
    Sarky!!
    Link please!!!

While you're there Sarky there was some discussion about Ice cream somewhere....

While you're there Sarky there was some discussion about Ice cream somewhere....

Oh and a hamster for president and other suggestions!
    Oh and that one about Dana.
    Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

But it's not a bar in the way a whole nut, for example, is a bar. It is essentially chocolate covered wafer biscuits joined together....

Same argument could apply to twix (Not wafer, but 'biscuit'. Hell they're basically differently shaped toffee pops.), time outs and pink snacks...

And down the rabbit hole we go!

Or we could just ask the Dothraki.
    Wafers are only biscuits when they are pink.

It is known.

Sycopat wrote: »
    Same argument could apply to twix (Not wafer, but 'biscuit'. Hell they're basically differently shaped toffee pops.), time outs and pink snacks...

And down the rabbit hole we go!

Or we could just ask the Dothraki.

The Dothraki do talk some horse s**t

18511906-some-hazelnuts-wafers-over-a-wooden-background.jpg

18879219-vanilla-wafers-on-white-reflective-background.jpg

wafer-biscuits_~k5951597.jpg

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mess with the Dothraki!:(

Advertisement