Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atheism. what does it stand for? Biscuits, it seems!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Asif Ali Zardari
    Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz
    Shimon Peres

:D

More pork for me so :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Someone mention quantum???
    <Deepak>

^^^^
    Abandon-thread1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I felt dirty posting that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh dear, not a fight about the difference between biscuits and cakes. I have seen that one turn to levels of violence that make the Anti Cartoon Islamics seem like peace loving Jains.

Cakes go hard, biscuits go soft. It's logical dammit and only zealots can't see otherwise :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Cakes go hard, biscuits go soft. It's logical dammit and only zealots can't see otherwise :mad:

Yet some biscuits (I'm looking at you Kimberly) start off soft....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

As a Cork person I find the notion of Coddle revolting...

Mind I also find the notion of drisheen revolting so I may not be a very good Cork person.

Ah the 'No True Corkwoman' fallacy...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yet some biscuits (I'm looking at you Kimberly) start off soft....

tumblr_m93533eyFU1qlfzwoo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

New can o' worms. Kendal mint cake. Yellowcake uranium. Bloody pancakes even! There are so many cakes that aren't even cake at all, let alone that might be biscuits...

This gets very brainboggley if you look at the question from the cake point of view. Can we get back to fighting over KitKat now please?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah, it was in a court ruling about cake tax
    So it's official :cool:

And contrarians...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

My kids love nothing more than sitting down with a cookie to watch a movie on the tv. No matter how many times I tell them they are having biscuits with the film on the telly they express it thus. I feel like I'm failing as a parent.

My kids love nothing more than sitting down with a cookie to watch a movie on the tv. No matter how many times I tell them they are having biscuits with the film on the telly they express it thus. I feel like I'm failing as a parent.

No wonder you're red faced.

;-)

Bears often eat their young and you're an atheist. I think you'll make the perfect parent.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Jernal wrote: »
    ^^^^
    Abandon-thread1.gif

Big fat woo peddling head on him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Big fat woo peddling head on him :mad:

Reminds me of Timmy Mallet, for some reason :pac:
    timmy-mallet-cirque-du-soleil-totem-premiere_5775330.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Sarky wrote: »
    A list of the people in this forum would be a good start. If you could show how they keep ramming their own ideals down the throats of religious people too, that'd be swell. Links to quotes, pictures of one of us harrassing a religious person, something like that. You seem pretty confident that you're not just whining about nothing, so I'm sure it'll only take you a few minutes.

Head out of sand please.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Head out of sand please.
    Would you care to substantiate your claim? Or would you prefer to abandon it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I humbly submit for the approval of this Grand Assemblage, the mint Viscount.

Oh, kitkats are bars and tge mint chunky is damn near perfect.

I humbly submit for the approval of this Grand Assemblage, the mint Viscount.
    OK. Let's examine the evidence set here before us.

1. The viscount bit is a biscuit.
    2. The minty bit is very similar to the aforementioned kendal mint cake.

Is it a biscuit, evolving into a cake? Is it a cake, evolving into a biscuit. It certainly appears to display the characteristics of a transitional form, but that supposition inevitably leads to the question, which came first? What drives the transition. What is the survival advantage, if any, of either trait?

Doesn't seem to make sense. They never survive long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

People like labels. It is just a human thing. We even have labels for things that do not technically exist. Like "hole" for example. Or what do you think "cold" actually means?

To show how much we love labels, we have a label to group words for things that do not technically exist. They are called "privatives".
    The point I am making is .... Atheism is pointless ! you might as well make up a label for those who don't believe in collecting stamps

Stalin didn't believe in collecting stamps, he belived philatelists were involved in an international Trotskyist attempt to assinate him. Trust me you didn't want to have a stamp-collecting book in the USSR:eek:
    tim3000 wrote: »
    Most people are atheist due to a dis-satisfaction with biblical ideas and the idea of a God generally. Atheists are not on a crusade against theist belief most if not all are quiet unless challenged about their beliefs.

Technically every person in the world is atheist, when you get down to specific gods. For example I don't think a Nugganite church exists on this planet.

Though a bit of abominating mushrooms (I really hate mushrooms) and ears wouldn't go amiss IMO.

• Advertisement

Technically every person in the world is atheist, when you get down to specific gods. For example I don't think a Nugganite church exists on this planet.

Though a bit of abominating mushrooms (I really hate mushrooms) and ears wouldn't go amiss IMO.
    Can I have your mushrooms? I like mushrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Obliq wrote: »
    Now you're getting the hang of this mod thingy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDZ2lSg51slwrQJ13y_6Bnedw05KiBFy24P48SYM3A_PIZCrIW

Fig rolls though......Can anyone else eat half a packet for breakfast? With coffee, obviously. I'm starting to realise that I only like soft biscuits

Can't buy Fig Rolls. I've the packet et before I even leave the shop. They are one of my many weaknesses.

I, too, hate mushrooms.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I, too, hate mushrooms.

^ ^ ^
    390288-Mario.png

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

^ ^ ^
    966f889d2c1e7792f2c496c6c356c9d1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I personally believe a lot of atheists are insecure in their lack of belief and they project their insecurities on theists through their mocking and ridicule.

That's not a biscuit :rolleyes:

edit: well, it wasn't!

Prodigious wrote: »
    I personally believe a lot of atheists are insecure in their lack of belief and they project their insecurities on theists through their mocking and ridicule.

Personally I believe a lot of theists are insecure in their belief and they project their insecurities through their anger and insistence on forcing their rules on everyone.

Prodigious wrote: »
    How can a person be insecure in a 'lack' of belief?

Serious question. I'll put the mocking and ridicule on hold for a while.

I don't believe in unicorns. I'm entirely secure in this lack of belief. Its 100% for me. Show me a unicorn believer and I'd probably have a little giggle at them too.

As far as religious beliefs go, if they didn't influence civil society, I'd have very little to say about the matter. And this forum would become redundant.

Maybe its your own belief that's not so rock solid? A little projection on your part maybe...?

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's not a biscuit :rolleyes:

edit: well, it wasn't!

These are officially atheist biscuits.

SGN4601.jpg

Advertisement