Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry/literature podcasts?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm just looking for some recommendations for podcasts that discuss literature, or poetry specifically. I'm interested in all sorts, so it could be something to do with Shakespeare or Emily Bronte, recent American writers like Charles Bukowski or Jack Kerouac, or else Irish poets like Yeats or Kavanagh.

I guess the format I'd be interested in would involve reading a piece or two by the writer, and then a discussion about the piece afterwards.

Does such a podcast exist? I suspect that there are a few episodes of various RTE shows that would be along those lines. A quick look on the iTunes store hasn't found anything that specifically focuses on this though.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

This probably isn't quite what you're looking for, but it may be of interest:

http://oyc.yale.edu/courses

Many other American Universities have open courses too, so it may be fruitful to look around.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

The Guardian does weekly podcasts. There are loads of lectures online too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

UCD Scholarcast may also interest you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Some of the BBC 4 In Our Time podcasts focus on literature (under the Culture heading). The programmes would normally be three academics discussing a topic. It might not be exactly what you're looking for (I've never heard them do a reading). Usually interesting though.

Advertisement