Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - looking for a recipe

Options
  • 07-05-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some help please. My Gran used to make something a bit like a bakewell tart but it was very moist and made with coconut, as far as I remember there was pastry then jam and then a cake type mix made with lots of eggs, sugar, coconut and I think it was semolina instead of flour.

Does anybody know what this was and have any idea of the correct recipe, I was very young making this with Gran but I do remember it was lovely.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

It sounds like bakewell tart with coconut added! Using semolina was often done to replace the expensive ground almonds so that was probably the reason for that rather than as an integral part of the recipe. Try a good bakewell tart recipe, Odlums site had a very nice one, replace the ground almonds with semolina (maybe only half though, can't imagine all semolina would be nice, does not have the fat content of almonds), add some coconut and see what happens!

By the way we want pictures of the results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Rachel Allen has a recipe for a coconut tart that sounds just like what you're describing. I can post it up tomorrow if you can't find it

Advertisement