Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science or Computing

Options
  • 07-05-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Which course would be best to pick of the above, can't decide as both seem more less the same. Any students do both and which is easier, don't want to have lots of maths which I think are in the Science one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Hi,

Which course would be best to pick of the above, can't decide as both seem more less the same. Any students do both and which is easier, don't want to have lots of maths which I think are in the Science one.

computer science is more about software engineering and computing is more to do with administration and repairing.
    as Edsger Dijkstra said

"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."

Computer science take up lots of time and is built on problem solving.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

There's more maths than I had expected in CS but nothing that should put you off doing it. I haven't talked to anyone doing computing so can't comment there, but CS was recommended as the better all-rounder of the two courses by an instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Any of you's do an interview yet at DIT for these two courses?

DT228 Computer Science
    DT211 Computing

Advertisement