Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein: New World Order announced

• 07-05-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Zenimax have announced Wolfenstein: The New Order for PC, Xbox 360, PS3, and next generation consoles to be released in Q4, 2013.

Full story here.

I recommend watching the trailer; very, very, cool - the music was great! :D

I never got around to playing Raven's Wolfenstein back in 2009, so I might pick it up even though I heard it was pretty generic for a FPS. I did enjoy Return to Castle Wolfenstein back in 2001 though, great game!

What are you guys hoping to see with this new version? The setting in the 1960s and an alternative history pretty much leaves the game open to anything really, but I would love to see some good multiplayer elements and less on the paranormal kinda stuff that was seen in RTCW.

EDIT: Machinegames are made up of members of the team who created the Chronicles of Riddick games. The New Order is also using the iDTech5 engine. On another note, it had a very 'Watchmen' feel to it - the music, and the narration sounded a bit like Rorschach.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Wow, looks good. Reeks of The Man in the High Castle kinda plot which I think would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Doesn't really give anything away, I can't say anything on how good to expect the game to be based on that. I've never played a Wolfenstein game, so maybe that plays a role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If its anything like Return to Castle Wolfenstein I'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It needs RoboHitler if it has any chance of success :P
    Robo%20Hitler!.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

DarkJager wrote: »

RTCW was awesome...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Magill wrote: »
    RTCW was awesome...

Maybe he's thinking of the more recent Wolfenstein game. That was pretty meh.

I hope they do something with the multiplayer, the multiplayer in RTCW was boss. It was tough trying to roast someone with the flamethrower on dial-up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

DarkJager wrote: »

BURN HIM! HERETIC!

or maybe your too young to remeber the proper classic that was rtcw and not that **** they released a few years ago?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

flynnlives wrote: »
    BURN HIM! HERETIC!

or maybe your too young to remeber the proper classic that was rtcw and not that **** they released a few years ago?!

My mistake! It is the most recent one I'm referring to (Wolfenstein), the one with the "hub" areas and boring gameplay. I actually enjoyed RTCW :D

RTCW was excellent - especially the multiplayer aspect of it and then its spin off, Enemy Territory. Hopefully this will be as good.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Show me gameplay video, then I will be excited. These non gameplay videos do not make me have a stiffy anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Azza wrote: »
    The game will not feature any multiplayer at all.
    That'll leave them able to really focus on the single player aspect. Now it has my attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Show me gameplay video, then I will be excited. These non gameplay videos do not make me have a stiffy anymore.

Too right. I ws bouncing off the walls last night when I heard about this. Not to say that the excitment soon dropped when I realised there was no gameplay available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

The Dead Island effect :(

Pushtrak wrote: »
    That'll leave them able to really focus on the single player aspect. Now it has my attention.

While I agree that this is exciting news, Return to Castle Wolfenstein was one of those few games that had the perfect mix of excellent and engaging single player with an excellent multiplayer. Would love to see more of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

No MP... meh.... RTCW was all about the MP. For me, its like quake without MP so not really interested anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Magill wrote: »
    No MP... meh.... RTCW was all about the MP. For me, its like quake without MP so not really interested anymore.

I've got the complete opposite opinion here. I can't remember the last time I played a FPS where I was really satisfied with it's single playercampaign. I'm quite intrigued by the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Wolfenstein 2009 is fantastic. People saying its meh are 100% wrong. It might not be big on setpieces or story but its raven on top form as far as shooting mechanics go. The weapons in the game are off the hook mother****ing AMAZING. FACT.

RTCW is a classic, really hoping this turns out great. From Riddick/Darkness devs im expecting good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

^I liked the last one but it felt like it was missing something but I can't think what.

Excited for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

PC Gamer has screenshots which contain "Nazis, robots and Nazi robots".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

New Trailer

The first 90s is more of a scene setter but the last 30 shows some in game footage.

Advertisement