Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you like your ice cream?

• 07-05-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend and I are having a fight to the death, He claims the ice cream from the ice cream man is much nicer than the ice cream from the ice cream machine in shops and shopping centres. I disagree wholeheartedly.

Who's right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I like mine cold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

You're both wrong I'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Smeared all over a nice young man!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

tempnam wrote: »
    You're both wrong I'm afraid

Elaborate?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

**** your soft serve bull****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I reckon a gelato in some exotic flavour from an Italian ice-cream shop has no competition really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

From Ginos :D mmmmmmm best ice cream around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

With a banananana stuck in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

There's an ice cream van that drives around my estate every day playing The Godfather theme.

Those meddling mobsters, have a finger in every pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Isn't the same machine :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

That foul Mr Whippy shit is an abomination, and a creation of Margaret Thatcher.

I just had a trio of homemade icecreams from the Italian ice cream parlour down the street. He has a menu that changes every day. I had banana + mango + kiwi, raspberry yoghurt and raspberry cheesecake. Big chunks of fresh fruit in each. Try getting that from a van!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

It always tastes nicer when the slaves make it by hand.

Teddys

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

It's sometimes nice in a cup with 2 girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Teddys

+1 for Teddys. All the rest of you are talking shíte tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

My boyfriend and I are having a fight to the death, He claims the ice cream from the ice cream man is much nicer than the ice cream from the ice cream machine in shops and shopping centres. I disagree wholeheartedly.

Who's right?

I can't say I like either... the best ice cream can be found in little Italian cafes, sold in a nice, fresh cone, not squirted from a machine into something of the consistency and taste of cardboard.

Yes, I'm a snob. And yes, good ice cream is something I desperately miss here in Ireland.

Pistacchio, especially. *sigh*

You made me sad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Who's right?

Pack your bags and get out of his life.

This relationship has no chance.

Shenshen wrote: »
    I can't say I like either... the best ice cream can be found in little Italian cafes, sold in a nice, fresh cone, not squirted from a machine into something of the consistency and taste of cardboard.

Yes, I'm a snob. And yes, good ice cream is something I desperately miss here in Ireland.

They have some yummy ice cream shops in Ireland. Murphys is beautiful - and Irish, Aussie Ice and Ginos also do gorgeous flavours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I don't really eat icecream..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

They have some yummy ice cream shops in Ireland. Murphys is beautiful - and Irish, Aussie Ice and Ginos also do gorgeous flavours.

There used to be and Italian ice cream parlour down here, out in Blarney.
    I would actually drive for 30 minutes just to get some ice cream there, but they closed shop about 2 years ago. :(

I've tried Irish homemade ice cream, but I have to admit, I'm not a fan. I dislike honeycomb even when it's not in ice cream, I'm not a big fan of peppermint, I just generally miss the flavours I grew up with like Malaga, Pistacchio, Stacciatella, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I like mine with a kiss O.O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

Icey and creamy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There is an ice-cream shop on my street that make their own ice-cream. On an average day when the temps are 20 or more you would have to queue at least 25 mins to get your scoops. No ice-cream from those machines come any where close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I like my ice cream on a shtick, I do be chewing on it long after the ice cream is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

make your own, better than any you can buy.

Anyone who wants ice cream but is broke, here is a quick way to get some if all you have in the house is a carton of milk.

Put the carton in the frezzer until the milk is frozen rock hard (usually takes four hours or so).

Then, remove it from the frezzer and whenever you hear the ice cream man coming, go out and slap him over of the back the head with it and rob his.

Anyone who wants ice cream but is broke, here is a quick way to get some if all you have in the house is a carton of milk.

Put the carton in the frezzer until the milk is frozen rock hard (usually takes four hours or so).

Then, remove it from the frezzer and whenever you hear the ice cream man coming, go out and slap him over of the back the head with it and rob his.

Frezzer? I take it your attack would be in retaliation for him stealing your spelling books then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I like mine gently rubbed on the thighs of a naked Cuban prostitute, or is that my cigars?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DrArse

Fight to the death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I get mine at Phineas Q. Butterfat's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

No idea whether or not its true, but I've heard that there are all sorts of nasties lurking in the stuff you get in ice cream vans. Like traces of excrement:eek::eek::eek:

Haven't tried Gelato yet but I do love Ben and Jerry's, sadly I can eat my way through a whole tub with a teaspoon, in one sitting:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No idea whether or not its true, but I've heard that there are all sorts of nasties lurking in the stuff you get in ice cream vans. Like traces of excrement:eek::eek::eek:

Haven't tried Gelato yet but I do love Ben and Jerry's, sadly I can eat my way through a whole tub with a teaspoon, in one sitting:o

What do you think gives it that certain je ne sais quoi? And besides its good for your immunity, do you want to be a weakling and have asthma and excema and smegma? Eat up you big nancy......

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DrArse

Use to buy my xtc from the local ice cream man... few stashed down the bottom of a screwball scrabble. Nothing better than going bonkers on a sunny summers day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What do you think gives it that certain je ne sais quoi? And besides its good for your immunity, do you want to be a weakling and have asthma and excema and smegma? Eat up you big nancy......
    Nah, if its a choice of being a big Nancy and sticking with my premium stuff or eating snot and excrement tainted filth I'll stick with being a Nancy:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

Both are shyte. Horrible tasting stuff filled in waffle cardboard cone with chocolate stick made out of plastic. Good ice cream is hard to finfd here. :mad:

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    Frezzer? I take it your attack would be in retaliation for him stealing your spelling books then?
    You never heard of a Frezzer?
    Frezzer

The young and naive may believe that a frezzer is simply a freezer with a typo. The daft and dumb may believe that a frezzer is bad hair-do from the fifties. If you fall into one of these categories it is okay, for soon you will be saved. Below is everything and everything you would ever want to know about the frezzer.

In the age of post-structuralism, Western society was in a constant quandary. Often questions were being tossed around along the lines of: "Do I really want a fish sandwich, because I do not know the true meaning of it?" and "What is oatmeal cookie chip ice cream? Which is more important, the oatmeal or the chip? You need to have both for the ice-cream, so how can you know?", etc.

One sexy night, a man named Leon Phelps came up with a solution, a way to have it all and not a single worry. He invented ... the frezzer.Imagine a magic eight ball. Now imagine a cooler. Now imagine a poodle. Forget the poodle, but combine the magic eight ball and cooler. Voila, uno frezzero.

A frezzor deals with all your food-related woes. Do you ever wonder if you cannot handle the salinity of bovinity divinity? Just ask your neighborhood frezzer for a helping hand.

Frezzers became extremely popular in the post-structuarlist era, yet they did not do too well on the market due to a recall two weeks after production due to a few frezzers with "attitude problems".

You may find one at a local novelty store, or java babies.

Source.

You never heard of a Frezzer?

No, I am obviously not down with the kids at all.... :o

Advertisement