Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.T.E.A

Options
  • 07-05-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

I was classed as my partners dependant... I have been on B.T.E.A and I will be going into my second year of degree in Sept. I have been getting the increased allowance, will this stop because of the changes making me nearly 50 euro a week worse off next year, or is this change only for new applicants.. if it is the case it is highly unlikely I can afford to continue with my studies, so any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I believe the rate-changes will only impact new applicants (based my understanding of the CA article), but the Cost of Education cessation's across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

To be honest the DSP still haven't sorted out the changes themselves regarding BTEA for QAD. I spoke to the head office in Carrick on Shannon about this a couple of weeks ago and they had no updates on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

dharma200 wrote: »
    I was classed as my partners dependant... I have been on B.T.E.A and I will be going into my second year of degree in Sept. I have been getting the increased allowance, will this stop because of the changes making me nearly 50 euro a week worse off next year, or is this change only for new applicants.. if it is the case it is highly unlikely I can afford to continue with my studies, so any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Its fairly clearly stated on DSP website that it is for new applicants only

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/353_Back-to-Education-Allowance.aspx

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement