Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Alarm not giving audible warning

Options
  • 07-05-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All, any help on the below matters would be greatly appreciated.

I recently moved into a house with a phonewatch alarm installed (I think it's called "Premier Model"), the alarm is no longer being monitored by eircom. Some of the sensors had dead batteries which I replaced but I was still having some issues. After deleting and adding the sensors again they are all accounted for and working. The problem is that when I set the alarm to Home or Away and then trigger the front door sensor which has a 30 second delay, there is no audible warning to let me know to disarm the alarm. I have went through the settings and can't find any option relating to this feature, I can turn on/off the delay feature on the front door sensor and the siren will sound at 0 or 30 seconds but I still don't get the audible warning.The voice/sound on the MCU seems to be working correctly as I was able to program and test the sensors following instructions from the MCU. One other small issue is when adding the sensors I needed to select an Arm level (Off/Home/Away), at the moment I have them all set to home except the two motion sensors which were set to away (original setting). I had set the Arm level to off but this was causing the alarm to go off (when door sensor triggered) even when it was disarmed so I switched the Arm level to home. Does anyone know the correct Arm level settings for these sensors and how to turn on the audible warning.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

richie165 wrote: »
    Hi All, any help on the below matters would be greatly appreciated.

I recently moved into a house with a phonewatch alarm installed (I think it's called "Premier Model"), the alarm is no longer being monitored by eircom. Some of the sensors had dead batteries which I replaced but I was still having some issues. After deleting and adding the sensors again they are all accounted for and working. The problem is that when I set the alarm to Home or Away and then trigger the front door sensor which has a 30 second delay, there is no audible warning to let me know to disarm the alarm. I have went through the settings and can't find any option relating to this feature, I can turn on/off the delay feature on the front door sensor and the siren will sound at 0 or 30 seconds but I still don't get the audible warning.The voice/sound on the MCU seems to be working correctly as I was able to program and test the sensors following instructions from the MCU. One other small issue is when adding the sensors I needed to select an Arm level (Off/Home/Away), at the moment I have them all set to home except the two motion sensors which were set to away (original setting). I had set the Arm level to off but this was causing the alarm to go off (when door sensor triggered) even when it was disarmed so I switched the Arm level to home. Does anyone know the correct Arm level settings for these sensors and how to turn on the audible warning.
    thanks

Hi richie165,

Very old system at this stage.
    The manual I have has missing pages but there is definitely and option to time the beeps for front door as far as i can remember. You may have turned this off. Have you got the full manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 richie165

Hi Altor,

Thanks for the quick reply, yes it's a very old system, installed in 1994 according to label on it. I have a user manual which I downloaded but it is very basic and doesn't go in to much detail about any of the programming features. I am able to change the entry/exit delay time but was still unable to find any option for the entry beeps, I will try again shortly and let you know.

Hi Altor,

Thanks for the quick reply, yes it's a very old system, installed in 1994 according to label on it. I have a user manual which I downloaded but it is very basic and doesn't go in to much detail about any of the programming features. I am able to change the entry/exit delay time but was still unable to find any option for the entry beeps, I will try again shortly and let you know.

Me too, I probably have the same manual.

Just spent the last hour going through alarm settings and was still unable to find the setting for the entry beeps. I may just have to get phonewatch or another alarm company out to look at it. Getting sick of that alarm voice at this stage.

Cheers Altor

Just spent the last hour going through alarm settings and was still unable to find the setting for the entry beeps. I may just have to get phonewatch or another alarm company out to look at it. Getting sick of that alarm voice at this stage.

Cheers Altor

I will see if I can find out the setting tomorrow also, never had a chance today.
    Not many people would go near that system, replacement parts are just so hard to get.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    I will see if I can find out the setting tomorrow also, never had a chance today.
    Not many people would go near that system, replacement parts are just so hard to get.

Ye, I was kind of thinking that, it might start being more trouble than it's worth. Might think of upgrading in a couple of months but would like to get the system sorted for the time being. Thanks Altor, that would be great

Ye, I was kind of thinking that, it might start being more trouble than it's worth. Might think of upgrading in a couple of months but would like to get the system sorted for the time being. Thanks Altor, that would be great

No problem, will do my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭riggsfitz

Is the little speaker in the keypad connected

riggsfitz wrote: »
    Is the little speaker in the keypad connected

Hi riggsfitz,

Not sure, is there a separate speaker for the keypad and audible warning/beeps, if so that could be the issue. When I arm/disarm the alarm, it does say "home/away, please enter password" but I would need to check for another speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭riggsfitz

Hi riggsfitz,

Not sure, is there a separate speaker for the keypad and audible warning/beeps, if so that could be the issue. When I arm/disarm the alarm, it does say "home/away, please enter password" but I would need to check for another speaker.

Sorry didnt read your original post fully before i replied. Probably only one speaker in key pad.

• Advertisement

riggsfitz wrote: »
    Sorry didnt read your original post fully before i replied. Probably only one speaker in key pad.

No problem, thanks for the reply

Advertisement