Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple door audio intercom replacement ?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My apartment block has an old bog simple intercom (audio only) with a door release.

But I cannot hear it when it buzzes (really old fashioned dull buzz). It doesn't make enough noise if anyone is in their rooms or watching tv or cooking, and is located at the end of the corridor at the front door.

Is it possible to get a similarly bog standard replacement unit that might have a better buzz or ring ? I can probably run a small cable down the corridor myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Some handsets are interchangable with other brands but you'll need to find out the make first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Jnealon wrote: »
    Some handsets are interchangable with other brands but you'll need to find out the make first

I'll probably have to dismantle it to try to find out. The only things it has on the outside are:

"LT" and "SEKO"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is the buzz on the outside panel or in your apartment?

Either way it's normally a 0v input which will give off the buzz.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Is the buzz on the outside panel or in your apartment?

Either way it's normally a 0v input which will give off the buzz.

The "buzz" is inside the apartment coming from the box on the wall into which the phone slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I've never heard of that brand, probably before my time, but a quick google throws up this
    It shows how to swap out the lt seko for a comelit handset

• Advertisement

Thanks - I take it that is for the rewiring ... onc I can locate a replacement of some sort... does that comelit have a proper ringer ?

Advertisement