Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking:Large explosion at public event in Baba Gam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Any links to dubious twitter feeds and pictures of people who probably aren't the suspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DrArse

Inspired by?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

Ugh! Terrible! It's hard to imagine how deranged someone would have to be to think:

1) This is worth doing to further my ideology.

2) This will further my ideology.

People dead and maimed for no reason whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

DrArse wrote: »
    Inspired by?

Thinly veiled "Why doesn't a bombing in a terrorist hotspot bother you as much as one in a civilised country?" thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

DarkJager wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "Why doesn't a bombing in a terrorist hotspot bother you as much as one in a civilised country?" thread.
    You win a spot prize!

• Advertisement

They're a centre left progressive party.

So this bombing likely is Islamic extremism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Reminds me of a headline from the Onion that went something like:

"The equivalent of 9 Americans died today in Pakistan"

If the entire city goes into lockdown and we get another GTA style shootout, car chase, level 6 wanted level thing it might hit the pages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone sick of the detailed analysis and non-stop coverage already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

snubbleste wrote: »

You've made your point. However ridiculous it is.
    What do you hope to achieve from smart arsed comments and threads like this?
    Ok, we get it, you're fantastic and you love everyone equally. Congratulations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

it's not news that explosions in pakistan aren't big news here

they're not white and speak a different language etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Ok, we get it, you're fantastic and you love everyone equally.
    Some vegans would view all life as equal, who say they would be just as upset no matter what life was lost.
    There was far less coverage of the ant massacre I carried out last year, I must have killed a few hundred. None of the papers & tv stations were interested in my story, Reuters actually laughed at me. Perhaps people are not as interested, so they don't think it will sell papers, maybe they figured this out from past historical sales figures when they covered such stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

But imhran khan, banged his head so some perspective pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Why on earth is this getting more news coverage in Pakistan than the Boston bombings? This is outrageous, how dare they cover a story more closely because it effects them more >:(. I'm going to write an angry letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Why do people need to keep hammering out the "WHY DON'T YOU CARE!?!" sentiment?

I'm fairly keeping up to date with what's happening in Syria, for example, because I look for news on it. I don't give a shìt if others around me haven't a clue what's going on down there, that's their business.

Oh, and using the death of people to push a personal agenda is shallow, shows you equally care as much as the people you're waving your self-righteous finger at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

rubadub wrote: »
    There was far less coverage of the ant massacre I carried out last year, I must have killed a few hundred.
    Are you comparing ants to Pakistanis? Or that you think the ants are more deserving of the media attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

An attack on a political rally of the Pakistan Peoples Party has killed at least six people and injured dozens more.

*Inspired by this 352 page thread

I don't get your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

*Inspired by this 352 page thread

132 pages if you're doing it right. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Ive never heard of baba gam

Advertisement