Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming from an armchair

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You could get a Wireless adapter for PC for your Xbox joypad if compatible. Otherwise there's programs like joy2play that'll let you assign keys etc. I prefer using a joypad than KB&M.

Any idea where I could get one of those wi-fi adapaters in a bricks and mortar shop?? I have an xbox 360 and want to use my joypad on my pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Scruff wrote: »
    The last time i pc gamed i did it on a desk but this time the pc will have to be connected to my tv in the sitting room.

It depends on what type of games you enjoy playing.
    I mostly enjoy using an Xbox360 controller for a lot of my games,
    as it's great to be able to kick back and not worry Keyboard/Mouse but that's not possible for some games.

An easy setup would be something like this.
    Get a 5m (or longer) HDMI from the PC (check your graphics card) to your TV and set windows display to 'Duplicate Display',
    so whatever is on the PC screen goes to the TV.

Get an Xbox360 controller and Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver like this (approx €45);
    255472.jpg
    Start Steam, run Big-Picture mode and away you go.
    Big picture mode will indicate what games have Controller support (either Full/Partial or none)

You can still use a wireless keyboard and mouse if you prefer, but it's a very tidy setup I think you'll agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Axwell wrote: »
    Any idea where I could get one of those wi-fi adapaters in a bricks and mortar shop?? I have an xbox 360 and want to use my joypad on my pc.

You can get a compatible Xbox 360 Wireless Receivers pretty quick on ebay (Irish Sellers) for about €13 delivered.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PC-WIRELESS-GAMING-USB-RECEIVER-ADAPTER-FOR-XBOX-360-IE-/200606034794?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2eb50d2b6a

They work fine, the only thing you'll need to do is, when you plug it in, you
    manually select the official Microsoft driver from the hardware list and click install.
    (With the official Microsoft one it automatically installs.)

Don't bother with the driver disc that comes with it, it only for Windows XP/Vista I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe look into getting a trackball for the mouse?

logitech-wireless-trackball-m570.pngor 18323.png

It'll allow you to play without risk of wrist-strain, and/or wherever feels comfy.

Advertisement