Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing custom music in games

Options
  • 07-05-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

If your like me and didn't know you could play your own music in certain games here's how. Only certain games allow this and depend on offline/online mode in some of them. Midnight club LA works and so those Burnout paradise just a matter of going into xmb during gameplay and selecting music you have saved to playstation and press play. Hit and miss with games. Ive only discovered this today. Happy Days :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

This feature came in on firmware version 2.40 , not all games support it though.

Here's a list, not sure how up to date it is.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/134214-games-custom-soundtrack-support.html

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

I never noticed it all just tried by chance..just assumed PS would never introduce this feature not their thing. Im sure there is others out there that didnt know this was possible or is it just me ha ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Noticed it in MGS4 when you could change the music Snake listened to on his iPod. Want to ruin the atmosphere of of MGS? Have the Harry Potter audiobook start playing while sneaking around a warzone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

It's a must for Tetris. The in game music is woefully bad.
    I think I remember importing playlists in GT5 too, you got a trophy for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Doesnt work in wipeout sadly, but it can pick up the music on the PS3 through its own play list. Nothing beats some chilled out songs while trying to get zone zeus !

• Advertisement
Advertisement