Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What number were you on the accommodation waitlist?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

As the title says, I'm wondering what number you were on the accommodation wait list when you applied (last year or the preceding) and also what choice was available when you went to book it? (.ie were there loads of places remaining in Roebuck/Glenomena even though you were at 2,900?)

Also, how does the allocation system work?

For this year I'm ~1,600 on the wait list. Will the first 695 people on the waitlist who accept their place at UCD be emailed first and then the leftovers (ie. 500) will be emailed to the next 500 on the wait list?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭HistoryKitty

Hey, last year I was 165 on the list and I got accomodation no problem :)
    My friend who was 2000 and something on the list got accomodation but the only places left were belgrove at that stage. But I've heard people say they only took roebuck because it was all that was left so you never know. :)
    Just wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Well, if your under 1200, your guaranteed a place in all but name.

Ive heard of people who were like 1800 and got places.
    Though i should say, in the case of one person, they had to go for blackrock.

Basically, the popular estates will fill up quickly so the higher up you are on the waiting list, the less the chance you'l get the accomodation you want.

anywhere up to 1500 should be safe.
    As far as i know, after 697 places are filled with first years they begin to allow 2nd years and 3rd years to book their places as well.
    So, with that in mind, you may end up in an apartment with 2nd or 3rd years after 697 places are filled up.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you have a friend who has gotten on campus before to help you out if you get offered your course from there, then It may be a good idea to get them to help you with the booking process.
    Apparently, its quite confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fanatec

Hey, last year I was 165 on the list and I got accomodation no problem :)
    My friend who was 2000 and something on the list got accomodation but the only places left were belgrove at that stage. But I've heard people say they only took roebuck because it was all that was left so you never know. :)
    Just wait and see :)
    Dapics wrote: »
    Well, if your under 1200, your guaranteed a place in all but name.

Ive heard of people who were like 1800 and got places.
    Though i should say, in the case of one person, they had to go for blackrock.

Basically, the popular estates will fill up quickly so the higher up you are on the waiting list, the less the chance you'l get the accomodation you want.

anywhere up to 1500 should be safe.
    As far as i know, after 697 places are filled with first years they begin to allow 2nd years and 3rd years to book their places as well.
    So, with that in mind, you may end up in an apartment with 2nd or 3rd years after 697 places are filled up.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you have a friend who has gotten on campus before to help you out if you get offered your course from there, then It may be a good idea to get them to help you with the booking process.
    Apparently, its quite confusing.

Thanks for both of your replies.

Dapics: do first years have preference when choosing accommodation (ie. can they can choose any room on campus?) or are there certain rooms in each block pre-assigned to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

As far as I'm aware, first years have preferance in that those who are on the priority list (697 and below) get to choose their accomodation before the 2nd and 3rd years.

You can choose any accomodation and apartment you want providing there is space available.
    I think they show you the number of people in each apartment and whether they are a boy or girl, that may help when choosing your apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Continuing students book their rooms on the 10th of june so ahead of first years but I wonder whether only a certain number of rooms in each residence are offered ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I was 2000 or so and had a choice of Blackrock, Roebuck Castle or Muckross.

Advertisement