Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeletal remains found near NCR\Condell rd

• 07-05-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/skeletal-remains-found-in-limerick-city-1-5059101

I hope whomever has been found that their family can find some solace in finally being able to give their remains some respect and an end to the ''not knowing''
    1 person in particular springs to mind in this regard.
    R.I.P whomever it is, and my thoughts will be with the families of all those fearing a knock on the door.

Comments

banie01 wrote: »
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/leader-local/skeletal-remains-found-in-limerick-city-1-5059101

I hope whomever has been found that their family can find some solace in finally being able to give their remains some respect and an end to the ''not knowing''
    1 person in particular springs to mind in this regard.
    R.I.P whomever it is, and my thoughts will be with the families of all those fearing a knock on the door.

Same here. I believe the family of the long-term missing person I'm thinking of got a call in relation to the whereabouts of the remains of their family member in 2010 but lack of info led them to nothing. It was on the news back then. I think searches were carried out at the time in the area where the remains were found today. Hopefully some family will finally get some closure soon. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

According to the independent it's more than likely a suicide victim from over a decade ago.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-probe-after-skeletal-remains-found-29249355.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Seen this on the way home, RIP to whatever poor person it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

RIP very likely someone local it will bring up bad memories for many people tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Disturbing news. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I have a best friend missing over 10 years, probably the guy spoken about a few posts above. Does anybody know how long DNA testing and ID'ing a body usually takes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

padma wrote: »
    I have a best friend missing over 10 years, probably the guy spoken about a few posts above. Does anybody know how long DNA testing and ID'ing a body usually takes?

Depends on condition and what is available

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

If it is the person I am thinking of, I hope it finally brings some closure for his poor family ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

padma wrote: »

I remember when this lad went missing and I'm delighted (if thats the correct way to put it) that his family finally have closure. May he RIP. What bugs me is that certain parts of the media published that the remains found had been there for over 10 years. That really got my hopes up for a certain local family who's loved one has been missing for over 10 years would finally get some closure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's a big difference between ten years and one year. How did such a false statement get out? :confused:
    I didn't think the rate of decomposition would be that fast for such a recent victim.

At least some poor family can get closure out of this.
    Hopefully the other missing peoples' families will one day get closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

Was really hoping it was A.S.
    The ten year reference from the media implied as much.

Advertisement