Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tools do i need to assemble a computer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

A phillips screwdriver is normally all that's needed for screwing in the motherboard, power supply etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

you should just need antistaic wrist band and a Philips and flat head screwdriver

http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/tools.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

you should just need antistaic wrist band and a Philips and flat head screwdriver

http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/tools.php

I've built countless pcs with no anti static band or flat head screwdriver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

d7d8_doctor_who_new_sonic_screwdriver.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

^ Same. It can come in handy for various non-screwdriver-related things though - prying, jimmying, kajiggering, and so forth.

I've also never used an anti-static strap. I touch a kettle, or jam a screwdriver in the earth pin of a wall socket before I start, and I don't build it on carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Jamison...Must have jamison

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

endacl wrote: »
    d7d8_doctor_who_new_sonic_screwdriver.gif

I've had one of these in my toolbox for ages but never knew what it was for! Oh well, I better go build a computer now so :rolleyes:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Cable ties are also very handy to have.Some cases supply you with them.

Advertisement