Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre costs?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I've checked the eircom website which says I am in an eFibre area.

The website allows me "Register My Interest." Does this mean I'll get fibre, and does it cost anything extra?

The site asks if I want 70Gb or 5Gb download speeds and unlimited or 50GB download, obviously I'd want 70Gb and Unlimited, is there a difference in price if I'm already a customer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

The website allows me "Register My Interest." Does this mean I'll get fibre, and does it cost anything extra?

The site asks if I want 70Gb or 5Gb download speeds and unlimited or 50GB download, obviously I'd want 70Gb and Unlimited, is there a difference in price if I'm already a customer?
    Hi obliviousgrudge

This is just registering your interest and If it is indeed available you will receive a call from an eircom agent after the launch date. There is no guarantee that you will get fibre and we will not know for sure until launch date (20th of May). Also, we will not have any information on fibre broadband pricing or specifications until launch date.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 10 honnaddannoh

70mg down 20mg upload Standalone fibre is 45euro  / unlimited downloads
    50mg down 15mg upload Stanalone fibre is 40euro.   / unlimited downloads

Depends how far you are from the cabinet / what your line will be capable of carrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

70mg down 20mg upload Standalone fibre is 45euro  / unlimited downloads
    50mg down 15mg upload Stanalone fibre is 40euro.   / unlimited downloads

Depends how far you are from the cabinet / what your line will be capable of carrying.
    Where are you getting this from? And will there also be Fibre line rental charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Hi obliviousgrudge

This is just registering your interest and If it is indeed available you will receive a call from an eircom agent after the launch date. There is no guarantee that you will get fibre and we will not know for sure until launch date (20th of May). Also, we will not have any information on fibre broadband pricing or specifications until launch date.

Regards

Al
    According to the Eircom website I am in an enabled area.

If I am indeed in an enabled area, will I get fibre broadband at no extra cost?

And does it require signing up to another 12 month contract or anything like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

According to the Eircom website I am in an enabled area.

If I am indeed in an enabled area, will I get fibre broadband at no extra cost?

And does it require signing up to another 12 month contract or anything like that?
    Hi
    obliviousgrudge

If your line qualifies for eFibre (which we will know on launch date) you will be able to avail of a free upgrade to eFibre. A contract will apply however we will have more information on contracts on lauch date.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 honnaddannoh

Eircom are currently Pre-Selling these Fibre packages in Drogheda & all areas due to go live on May 20th. 

The prices are from Eircom.

There is no line rental detailed in the Fibre packages , But you'd be a fool to think they haven't factored it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

phone service and therefore line rental will now be optional so you can just have the fibre connection if you want to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Baneblade wrote: »
    phone service and therefore line rental will now be optional so you can just have the fibre connection if you want to

About bloody time too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Baneblade wrote: »

Woooooooow, more on this! I presume if I got signed contract few months ago, then I am stuck with it, but after it. I will be dropping all of it. Sick of paying for phone line went I don't even have landline phone connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

There is no line rental detailed in the Fibre packages ,

About time,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi obliviousgrudge

Can you PM me with your tel no: or address and I can look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I've checked on your website by typing my phone number and it says I cant get eFibre, yet on the coverage map Im well within the bounds.

Can you explain this? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I've checked on your website by typing my phone number and it says I cant get eFibre, yet on the coverage map Im well within the bounds.

Can you explain this? Cheers

Hi obliviousgrudge

I am afraid I was unable to get an indication as to when your local cabinet in Rockhill may be connected for efibre from the Letterkenny exchange.

As this is only phase 1 of the roll-out the work is ongoing and the efibre website will be updated as further cabinets go live.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement