Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster Printing at Weekends?

• 07-05-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I need to get an A0 sized poster printed in a high gloss/laminated finish as part of my thesis presentation. I was wondering if anyone knew of a.)somewhere that would be willing to do just the one (I went to McNamara printers in Shannon to print out 10 high quality flyers recently and I was appalled at the attitude of "oh you're only printing ten" :rolleyes: ) and b.) a place in Limerick that would be open on a Saturday?

Time is tight with exams so it'd take of a lot of pressure to have the freedom to get it printed on a Saturday.

Thanks a million for any help in advance,

Cul.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Firstly, most printers operate a 'litho' set up. And a run of ten, is in fact, far far too small. You need a 'digital' press for small runs. Only a few offer both!

Again, most printers print to Sra3 or sra2 (oversize a3 and a2). You need alarge format printer to do one offs in a2, a1 or a0.

Best call GBM in heartstonge street, ask for Denise upstairs. I think they're open Saturday - BUT I'm not sure!

And best save your file as a high resolution PDF so they can work with it without too much fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Thanks for the reply Hooked. I understand that it mightn't be the easiest thing in the world to do, but just say no if it is, not throw a hissy fit like McNamaras.

Alas, I couldn't find anyone that operated on weekends who could print an A0 sized poster so I went with SelPrint in Shannon who were pleasant enough and charged €31 for a two day turnaround for anyone stuck in the future.

Cul.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I've used Docucentre on O Connell St (across from Bentleys) a few times and found him very helpful. Fairly sure they're open on Saturdays too

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

What quantity did you get for €31
    cul-2008 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Hooked. I understand that it mightn't be the easiest thing in the world to do, but just say no if it is, not throw a hissy fit like McNamaras.

Alas, I couldn't find anyone that operated on weekends who could print an A0 sized poster so I went with SelPrint in Shannon who were pleasant enough and charged €31 for a two day turnaround for anyone stuck in the future.

Cul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Probably just the one, I'd imagine. The OP was looking for an A0 print, gloss laminated. Can't see him getting more than one (two at a push) for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Yeah, just the one - but very good quality and happy with the service overall, albeit a little impersonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

I would have reason to get some done, all individual, perhaps a quantity of 5 separate pieces, but the A1 may do me. Where is the best place to get A1 done?

Advertisement