Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrote name wrong on slip

Options
  • 07-05-2013 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I wrote the name of a horse wrong on the betting slip in bookie's, wrote royal lille instead of just lille. Will they pay out? To add to it royal opera got second so there was a horse with royal in the race.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

What price did you put down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    What price did you put down?

I didn't add a price. It was a form for a patent. No chance have I?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Wouldn't say no, but you could see the bookies point of view. You could just be a chancer or a genuine mistake.

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no, but you could see the bookies point of view. You could just be a chancer or a genuine mistake.

Yeah I know, thanks for reply.

second horse a non-runner so at least the mistake didn't cost me the few grand I thought it might.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

sounds like a royal screw up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

the other horse with royal in its name will probably get you ****ed over here, if thats not in the race then i would be on your side.
    lesson learned for next time imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

montyrebel wrote: »
    the other horse with royal in its name will probably get you ****ed over here, if thats not in the race then i would be on your side.
    lesson learned for next time imo
    Im not certain but i remember reading the rule covering this and i think the portion involving royal lillie is void.If the punter had put down the time he would have had a case for divided stakes.I would guess there were a few royals running on the day so without a time they are treated as non runners.

Advertisement