Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last Ship [TNT - US]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Political correctness is often misused, but I think it was the right thing to do in these circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

You are all forgetting one thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Keplar240B wrote: »
    You are all forgetting one thing.

A few new hashtags?

A few new hashtags?

"We Don't Negotiate with terrorists"
    Commander Tom Chandler, Commanding Officer of the USS Nathan James (DDG-151)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Mr E wrote: »
    Political correctness is often misused, but I think it was the right thing to do in these circumstances.

It seems that it did air after all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It aired in Canada that why it's out there now.

Just watched the first one, great start!

I can see why they wanted to defer it though. That nightclub scene would have caused major offense in the States.

A cracking double episode start to season 3.

This show really has no right to be as good as it with the silly premise it started with.

M

Great start, series 3 looking good. The subtitles appearing for some Chinese speak and not others was a pain though, either show them or don't.

I go back on what I said, think it was the right decision to delay its broadcast in US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched the first one over lunch and it's just such a great show. :) Will watch the second later but initial impressions are the quality and tone of the first 2 seasons are still present and correct.

Was wondering why the lissting was gone from http://www.airdates.tv/#today but the club scene explains it - completely understandable IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just watched the first 3 episodes and the quality is as good as the first two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

It's good alright but I'm not as invested this season so far for some reason. That might just be me though. Nothing quite beats Season 1 with the whole ship on the run thing and the Russian baddies. Fire everything we have at them was the order of the day and it was great. Even last season with the big bads whizzing around in their sub seemed more interesting. This season isn't bad by any means but, to me, so far it feels like the weaker of the bunch.

squonk wrote: »
    It's good alright but I'm not as invested this season so far for some reason. That might just be me though. Nothing quite beats Season 1 with the whole ship on the run thing and the Russian baddies. Fire everything we have at them was the order of the day and it was great. Even last season with the big bads whizzing around in their sub seemed more interesting. This season isn't bad by any means but, to me, so far it feels like the weaker of the bunch.

It's a somewhat slower start alright but having watched episode 3 the quality is still there and I quite like the Dr Scott replacement ;) I do miss Tex though.

Once things get going with the Chinese I'd imagine it'll pick up - remember the sub didn't really start featuring in season 2 until almost half-way in... but yes, the Russians in season 1 were great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Great episode this week

Action all the way! Looks like a nice naval battle next week too. Love this show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

just watched Ep6, very good, i thought in S1 this would be another "The Last Resort" but it's had great longevity

Action all the way! Looks like a nice naval battle next week too. Love this show.

Yea, it's consistently managed to elevate itself beyond expectations each season and looks to be doing the same again this year.

They have a great cast and writing team and aren't afraid to kill off a few "established" characters now and then which helps keep it fresh too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

LOL! Funny but I've almost totally forgotten Last Resort! I know what you mean though, The Last Ship certainly is far better than it has a right to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

I thought that Cruz was a "red shirt" until I saw that he had been in 23 episodes before... obviously he left a poor impression on me as I only remembered him from driving the RHIB through the mine field the previous week!

Alas poor Cruz - we hardly knew him!

• Advertisement

Comic Con trailer, spoils a lot of what is coming up which looks unreal so watch if you don't mind spoilers.

M

Comic Con trailer, spoils a lot of what is coming up which looks unreal so watch if you don't mind spoilers.

I don't want it to be spoiled but couldn't resist a quick look :D, I watched first 20 seconds of it and then switched off as too much was being spoiled, really looks like this series is going to be great.

I don't want it to be spoiled but couldn't resist a quick look :D, I watched first 20 seconds of it and then switched off as too much was being spoiled, really looks like this series is going to be great.

Watched it all and it's unreal. Posted it so people know its a spoiler full trailer just in case they see it on YouTube and don't want to be spoiled.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

that looks bloody fantastic!

good to see T
    ex back

Also the
    airport standoff looked cool

Got 15 seconds in and turned it off.. but I REALLY want to watch it :p

I'll wait though.. it really is a great show IMO

Wow... what an episode.

Great one for Hiroyuki Sanada too. Such a good actor.

• Advertisement

Wow... what an episode.

Great one for Hiroyuki Sanada too. Such a good actor.

Excellent episode.
    Great cat and mouse game with the Chinese ships.

Loved how they handled Sasha's eyes adjusting when she entered the darkened bridge too.

And yes, I may have gotten a little "awwww!!!!" when the baby was born. :o Really well done scene
    But....
    that ending!!! :eek: Though I knew it was coming when he asked Kara about her child

I know I keep saying it :D but this show is a real highlight of the last few years.

yep, such a good ep.

There's a high degree of believable tension which imo is great to see and enduring

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

Wow loved it!
    Such a shame it always goes too fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Great episode even though the ending was telegraphed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Great news brilliant summer show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kinda weird that they've completely left the
    Immunes
    out of this season,
    no mention of Europe at all which was meant to be a hot spot so not many non-immunes left alive to give the cure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Varik wrote: »
    Kinda weird that they've completely left the
    Immunes
    out of this season,
    no mention of Europe at all which was meant to be a hot spot so not many non-immunes left alive to give the cure

have they been left out? we'll see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

When is episode 9 airing?

anon71 wrote: »
    next week it seems

anon71 wrote: »

It's back next Sunday in the States.

There was a break last Sunday. The next episode is on Sunday 14th and there are no more breaks until the finale on September 11th.

There was a break last Sunday. The next episode is on Sunday 14th and there are no more breaks until the finale on September 11th.

I find this site great for keeping track of things - you can highlight your favourites too: http://www.airdates.tv/#today

M

Great episode this week, best so far of Season 3.
    Was good to see those other 2 US ships involved...for those few minutes they were around :pac:.

Yea that was an excellent episode, both in China and back in the White House.
    I thought yer man the secretary was in on it as well but after the last 10 minutes it's clear he was trying to get focus back on the threat at home that was being ignored by the Chinese situation

• Advertisement

That was a brilliant episode - the last 20 minutes were action- and twist-packed. Loved it.

very enjoyable, easily one of the best shows around imo

The annals of war at sea present no more intense, heart-shaking shock than this battle, in which the qualities of the United States Navy and Air Force and the American race shone forth in splendor. The bravery and self-devotion of the American sailors and airmen and the nerve and skill of their leaders was the foundation of all,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

M

Decent episode last night, perhaps a new idea for Donald Trump at the end of it :pac:

Every week this show delivers. Another solid episode all round.

very good ep again, will be sorry to see this show take its end of season break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

This really is a great summer show. Has been strong all season and have feeling we are about to see the return if a character from season 2.

Between this dark matter and Mr Robot summer viewing this year again wasn't too bad

They are building a wall Trump would be so proud lol

• Advertisement

The relatively low key POW episodes from the start of the season are a distant memory. This was another fantastic episode and the perfect bookend to the Asian storyline.

Some arse will be kicked in the last 2 episodes...

Advertisement