Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last Ship [TNT - US]

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched this week's episode..
    Predictably the situation in the command centre was resolved with yet another secondary character being bumped off.. You really can tell it's the final season at this stage.

Tom continues to have a death wish but as with the SWAT team earlier in the episode, we hear more that see what happens as he emerges from topedoing a Corvette with only a bump on the head - the obvious budget cuts are more painful than that!

Only 2 episodes left but it looks like Nathan James may actually feature in its own show now.. I really hope that's where the money has gone because despite a strong start, this final year has been so poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I wouldnt say its been poor, as it has been entertaining in parts. I do think however they could have finished it up last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah I'm enjoying it. However with all the subtitles, you can't exactly leave it on in the background while doing something else.

Hopefully it finishes strong.

Poor Tom has been too long at sea.

Hard to see Tom surviving. He'll go out in a blaze of glory in the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The bit with the command centre reminded me of Blindspot a few years back. Forgot that it was only ten episodes in the series. Can see them rushing the conclusion.

Wouldn't be surprised if the ship ended up sunk by the end of the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Another character down and gotta think a few more for the chop in the finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A brutal penultimate episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

A brutal penultimate episode.

The show has gone to the dogs

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

I haven't watched this week's yet.

Suppose that's something in itself given this was my favourite show of the week a few seasons ago.

• Advertisement

Still better than the last season of HoC

Mc Love wrote: »
    Still better than the last season of HoC

Not sure about that, the budget seems to be cut to pennies and the acting is getting worse, will it be the end of the world next week for the last episode or will America triumph as usual

Not sure about that, the budget seems to be cut to pennies and the acting is getting worse, will it be the end of the world next week for the last episode or will America triumph as usual

I'm expecting a very underwhelming and rushed finale - assume it's only an hour to wrap things up.

America will of course win out and there'll probably be a few more key character deaths (I reckon Danny is a 50/50, maybe Slattery when the much talked about battleship shows up again).

I'm expecting to feel like I did last week when I finished HoC - disappointed and angry that a great show has finished so poorly.

I would be delighted to be wrong though.

Wouldn't be surprised if the ship ended up sunk by the end of the series.

Actually, given the line in this week's episode about the James potentially being sacrificed to protect the carrier, and Tom retelling the story of the ship's namesake (whose ship sunk under him) you could be onto something.

Can't see Tom going down with the ship, but as I said above, maybe Slattery.. or Kara (seeing as her and Danny look like they might patch things up, I reckon one of them won't make it home).

I think Tom will go down with the ship and take the enemy with him
    The episode is called commitment

M

I think Tom will go down with the ship and take the enemy with him
    The episode is called commitment

I'd love if it was a Russian ship that sunk him.

If you look back at the first series, it was amazing, very very few bad episodes and a tiny budget, how did it all go so wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that was sh1t.

What started as a great great fun series died a slow terrible death.

RIP the first 3 seasons the rest can burn in TV hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

The annals of war at sea present no more intense, heart-shaking shock than this battle, in which the qualities of the United States Navy and Air Force and the American race shone forth in splendour. The bravery and self-devotion of the American airmen and sailors and the nerve and skill of their leaders was the foundation of all.

M

Brutal end to it, the whole South American angle on the show this season has been poor, not very well thought out. Not sure what the story was with the flashbacks at the end. Nathan James, lord rest her.

• Advertisement

What a load of crap that was
    They killed a decent show with that series
    The acting seemed to get worse and the storyline was all over the place
    I expected some of the lifeboats to capsize when the two ships collided but not even a splash
    Davy Jones’s locker scene was bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Ridiculous ending to a bad season of what was an excellent show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Overall this show kept me engaged a lot longer then I ever expected! Disappointed with the last series but will miss it all the same

Finally got around to watching the finale tonight.

The budget wasn't saved for the last episode.. It wasn't there at all. Awful, awful stuff. The final sequence and trip down memory lane was just bizarre (
    even Tex couldn't save it
    )

A great show ruined by an awful last season and even even worse final episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What a damp squib of an ending. This season shouldn't have happened at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Just caught up with the last few episodes ,what happened the last ship? Did the people behind the show when they heard it was being cancelled just say to hell with this and not bother putting any effort in to this season?

• Advertisement

roadmaster wrote: »
    Just caught up with the last few episodes ,what happened the last ship? Did the people behind the show when they heard it was being cancelled just say to hell with this and not bother putting any effort in to this season?

It’s sunk both the last season and the ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ive watched the start of this series, can take it or leave it, too many stupid side characters with dialogue stolen from old 80's movies and does every show have to have a lesbian couple shoe horned in for no reason?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I abandoned ship (pun intended) about half way through the season because I was bored of it. Decided to finish it this morning to see how it all ended.

You know what? I'm glad I did. I think the 3 month break reset my bad feelings about the first half and I actually enjoyed the back half.
    The ending of episode 7 (Camp X) and episode 8 (the siege) were really well done. Episode 9 could have been better, but I enjoyed episode 10 quite a bit.

I'm glad that the NJ featured so much in the last few episodes. I think it was fitting that it sank.
    I liked the dream sequence through the halls of the ship and finishing with Tex.

Hated the very last scene with Tom in the water - I think they could have come up with a better final scene.

Advertisement