Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Cadetship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Roblestone

Did you get the call? Congratulations!

No not yet (fingers crossed), I don't think they are ringing today, but I have been told they are running other assessment days possibly next week or the week after. So calls should be going out later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Calm Observer

Roblestone wrote: »
    No not yet (fingers crossed), I don't think they are ringing today, but I have been told they are running other assessment days possibly next week or the week after. So calls should be going out later this week.

That's good news, do you mind me asking where you heard that?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

Ooops, spook too soon, good luck then over the next few days.

That's good news, do you mind me asking where you heard that?

I would probably identify myself (which I'd prefer not to do) if I said how I know but I assure you it is as reliable as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sierra Charlie

Ok so the fingers are officially crossed again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Paxi_R6

Did it not say in an email they would get in touch with everyone before the 29th, If you Have not heard anything by then you are Unsuccessful this time round.

If it is the case they are still calling people this week be interesting to see who gets called, Imagine this friday(28th) will certainly be the last day of calls.

Once again! There is a slight bit of hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Well im glad that we still have a chance! But just after booking a week of exams on the 4th of august so hope its done by then even though id drop the exams in a heartbeat for a shot at this !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 omahonrm

Call are still going out. I just got a call a few minutes ago for assessments next Wednesday July 3rd!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

So who here is in on Thursday??

In case I forget before the event, good luck to everyone being assessed over the next two days. Hopefully at least one of us get's through.

Best of luck also to those still waiting on calls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    So who here is in on Thursday??

In myself on thursday.

Anyone know what the deal is with LC results. Surely if i have my Degree and results there is no need for LC proof. Hope not anyway as i cant find it for love nor money!!

kiers47 wrote: »
    In myself on thursday.

Anyone know what the deal is with LC results. Surely if i have my Degree and results there is no need for LC proof. Hope not anyway as i cant find it for love nor money!!

I'm not sure how that works, you might have gotten the points but not the required grades. Call your old school, they'll know what to do or have a copy lying around in some filing cabinet.

You won't get it in time for Thursday, but if you know you made the cut for the results, just say to them that you're working on getting a copy sent out to you and you'll forward it on to them as soon as you have it and you hope that having a degree shows a level of competency in the mean time. Best approach I'd say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I'm not sure how that works, you might have gotten the points but not the required grades. Call your old school, they'll know what to do or have a copy lying around in some filing cabinet.

You won't get it in time for Thursday, but if you know you made the cut for the results, just say to them that you're working on getting a copy sent out to you and you'll forward it on to them as soon as you have it and you hope that having a degree shows a level of competency in the mean time. Best approach I'd say...

Cheers for the reply.

Ya i sent them an email today. I definitely have the required grades. I think anyway. Ya hopefully should be ok for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

You can request a free copy of your Leaving Cert transcript from the Department of Education or the State Examinations Commission, cant remember which, provided you sat your leaving cert in the last number of years. If its longer than their specified time, you have to pay a small fee, but I think this is for people who did their leaving certificate over 10 years ago.

For anybody who got the call, how long did it take them to send you on the email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭BigGrayKettle

omahonrm wrote: »
    For anybody who got the call, how long did it take them to send you on the email?

A bit over 24 hours in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cyberboy

A bit over 24 hours in my case.

We are now waiting more than 48 hours! Anybody who wants tot share how the assessment went and what you needed to do?

I don't think any of us are going to tell you what we had to do so as not to give today's group or later groups an advantage we ourselves didn't have, no offence to anyone.

They went well I thought, everyone I met seemed really nice and would make fine pilots. We all got on really well and had a good laugh. Some interesting figures were given about the numbers being taken to the group stages but we all pretty much dismissed them from the start. People from all over the place, not just Irish, a fair few from the UK, though I noticed there were no girls there, but I'm sure there will probably be some on later dates.

Same as was mentioned before, put in a group, given a topic and told to discuss it, no preparation you can really do for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Future Pilot

Hello,

I was called by AL and they told me I was through to the next stage, however I had to be rescheduled and I am still waiting for their phone call.

Anyone else waiting for that phone call?

Edit: the rescheduling was from their part. Perhaps someone could give me some insight if they are still busy scheduling people for the assessment?

I don't think any of us are going to tell you what we had to do so as not to give today's group or later groups an advantage we ourselves didn't have, no offence to anyone.

They went well I thought, everyone I met seemed really nice and would make fine pilots. We all got on really well and had a good laugh. Some interesting figures were given about the numbers being taken to the group stages but we all pretty much dismissed them from the start. People from all over the place, not just Irish, a fair few from the UK, though I noticed there were no girls there, but I'm sure there will probably be some on later dates.

Same as was mentioned before, put in a group, given a topic and told to discuss it, no preparation you can really do for it.

Completely agree with you in not mentioning what went on yesterday, and the poster was wrong to even ask in my opinion.

However, would you mind letting us know what was mentioned about the number through to the group stages or any other interesting info that came out of the Q&A session? Obviously this isn't going to have an impact on people heading to the future assessment dates. Cheers

• Advertisement

Completely agree with you in not mentioning what went on yesterday, and the poster was wrong to even ask in my opinion.

However, would you mind letting us know what was mentioned about the number through to the group stages or any other interesting info that came out of the Q&A session? Obviously this isn't going to have an impact on people heading to the future assessment dates. Cheers

There wasn't an official Q&A session, we spent a fair bit of time hanging around so got chatting to this Lady from HR and to some of the pilots around. They were all very nice it has to be said and did a fine job yesterday, everything seemed to run smoothly.

Basically the lady there from HR said that they'd be taking 1000 people through to the group stage, which we (the cadets hopefuls that is) all agreed was mad. Seeing as tomorrow is the deadline by which if you hadn't heard from them you're out, there's no way they're going to call 900 in the next day. And even if they went past tomorrow's deadline, interviewing 1000 individuals is going to take up excessive resources seeing as there were 9 pilots involved in yesterday's process, and as it stands pilots at EI are being pushed to their limits with regards to duty hours as well as needing other pilots to help with the DEFO recruitment process We decided either she read the memo wrong and it was 100 people through to group stages, or else they were saying it to stop us getting our hopes up / getting comfortable in our position or just hadn't finalised the numbers yet.

Hope this helps and best of luck to all those still waiting.

There wasn't an official Q&A session, we spent a fair bit of time hanging around so got chatting to this Lady from HR and to some of the pilots around. They were all very nice it has to be said and did a fine job yesterday, everything seemed to run smoothly.

Basically the lady there from HR said that they'd be taking 1000 people through to the group stage, which we (the cadets hopefuls that is) all agreed was mad. Seeing as tomorrow is the deadline by which if you hadn't heard from them you're out, there's no way they're going to call 900 in the next day. And even if they went past tomorrow's deadline, interviewing 1000 individuals is going to take up excessive resources seeing as there were 9 pilots involved in yesterday's process, and as it stands pilots at EI are being pushed to their limits with regards to duty hours as well as needing other pilots to help with the DEFO recruitment process We decided either she read the memo wrong and it was 100 people through to group stages, or else they were saying it to stop us getting our hopes up / getting comfortable in our position or just hadn't finalised the numbers yet.

Wow that's a crazy number and I think you could be right with her reading the memo wrong. But where are people getting this deadline date of tomorrow from? It had been mentioned a couple of times here, but I don't recall any mention of it in the application or online assessment stage. Maybe I missed it but I really can't remember spotting it and the only time I've seen it mentioned is here!

The 1000 people has to be wrong though, think of the cost to EI to screen all these and it would definitely be done by email not phone calls if it was true.

The selection process this year is very poorly managed if you ask me. Last time was definitely managed better.

I don't recall any mention of it in the application or online assessment stage. Maybe I missed it but I really can't remember spotting it and the only time I've seen it mentioned is here!

It was mentioned at the very beginning of the application process, I remember reading it and then going back and re reading it to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

Observer did you attend the group sessions? how do you and Shamrock feel you did? Not looking for info, haven't even got a call back, just wondering how you guys felt you did?

ExtaticFob wrote: »
    Observer did you attend the group sessions? how do you and Shamrock feel you did? Not looking for info, haven't even got a call back, just wondering how you guys felt you did?

Nope no call yet so I'm one of the many that are hoping they will be calling 900 more applicants!

It was mentioned at the very beginning of the application process, I remember reading it and then going back and re reading it to be sure!

I remember reading that they won't be able to inform unsuccessful candidates but can't remember "if you don't hear by...." Being mentioned.

Long shot but did anybody here happen to take screenshots of the application or job spec etc. ???

I remember reading that they won't be able to inform unsuccessful candidates but can't remember "if you don't hear by...." Being mentioned.

Long shot but did anybody here happen to take screenshots of the application or job spec etc. ???

I did, I'll mail them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

Nope no call yet so I'm one of the many that are hoping they will be calling 900 more applicants!

Fingers and toes crossed here for a record breaking cadet class of 1000!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase

Basically the lady there from HR said that they'd be taking 1000 people through to the group stage, which we (the cadets hopefuls that is) all agreed was mad. Seeing as tomorrow is the deadline by which if you hadn't heard from them you're out, there's no way they're going to call 900 in the next day.

It's possible that they are not calling all those who made it through to group interviews. 2 reasonably high hour guys I know of have claimed to have gotten a phone call to confirm hours but not been invited to the group interviews. They may also have a pool of 1000 to pick from. They could call 100 people to a group assessment and hate them all equally! ;) They wont just make the best of that bad lot they will call 100 more and so goes the cycle until they have what they want!

I dont want to stoke false hope but I just thought I'd put it out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

LeftBase wrote: »
    It's possible that they are not calling all those who made it through to group interviews. 2 reasonably high hour guys I know of have claimed to have gotten a phone call to confirm hours but not been invited to the group interviews. They may also have a pool of 1000 to pick from. They could call 100 people to a group assessment and hate them all equally! ;) They wont just make the best of that bad lot they will call 100 more and so goes the cycle until they have what they want!

Friend of mine got a call too, but no invite. Small hours PPL

LeftBase wrote: »

I got a call in which they said I was through, but they had to reschedule me. Now I'm anxiously waiting for their return call. Anyone else in the same situation?

I got a call in which they said I was through, but they had to reschedule me. Now I'm anxiously waiting for their return call. Anyone else in the same situation?
    What day were you scheduled for? Got called on tuesday but no sign of an email. Could somebody tell me what documents are needed? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Benjybh

I also had the assessment today. I feel it went okay - all the staff are really nice so don't stress too much.

All the guys and girls were cool too, as has been said I have no doubt they'd all make great operators, but time will tell!

With regard to numbers - the front desk lady said that there were over 2000 applicants and less than 1000 made it to group stage. I don't want to be a sceptic but...that seems like an awful lot of work for them to give themselves!

The figures would work out to be around five weeks of two assessment intakes per day, every weekday, which sounds like a heck of a resource commitment!

Benjybh wrote: »
    I also had the assessment today. I feel it went okay - all the staff are really nice so don't stress too much.

All the guys and girls were cool too, as has been said I have no doubt they'd all make great operators, but time will tell!

With regard to numbers - the front desk lady said that there were over 2000 applicants and less than 1000 made it to group stage. I don't want to be a sceptic but...that seems like an awful lot of work for them to give themselves!

The figures would work out to be around five weeks of two assessment intakes per day, every weekday, which sounds like a heck of a resource commitment!

I was there today also...They were saying that there running assessments til the end of July and that there will be no word back till the end of August or maybe September :eek::eek:
    There doing 2 groups of 24 a day. I'm taking it that its 2 days a week for 5 weeks making it 480. 4 days would therefore be 960. Crazy amount of assessments IMO.

omahonrm wrote: »
    What day were you scheduled for? Got called on tuesday but no sign of an email. Could somebody tell me what documents are needed? thanks :)

I was scheduled for today, but if it is true they want to assess 1000 people, I can only imagine how busy they must be calling everybody.

• Advertisement

Are people really considering that there could be 1000? I'd be very surprised, with 50 people a day, 2 days a week for 5-6 weeks that'd place an enormous level of work on themselves, especially when they're also recruiting Cabin Crew and DEFOs at the minute. I'd be very surprised if they brought anything over 200 to the group stages.

Best of luck though to everyone still waiting on the call. I guess I don't know how lucky I was to get the call early on and not have to be going through what yee all are now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Bsal

How long did it take to do the group assessment today?

whole thing lasts just under 4 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Benjybh

Shamrock and GTTDI...were you both in the morning group? Trying to work out who you are, ha.

I was yesterday and there was only one group of us... ;) Anyone else on here in there yesterday with me?

• Advertisement

No i was in in the evening group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Are people really considering that there could be 1000?

I think i'm right in saying that roughly that many were at the 2011 group stage also. For the previous intake, we chose our dates ourselves online on a first come first serve basis. (As far as I can remember there were many dates and times to choose from, hense why i think there was also about 1000 last time) Those who saw the email first logged on and got first dibs of the date and time they wanted.

Perhaps that system caused issues last time given the long drawn out process of calling everyone they've adopted this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 callumb94

Guys just giving you all a bit of hope. Received an email from EI saying to keep an eye on email as this is where you will be updated. They never mentioned they had selected everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

callumb94 wrote: »
    Guys just giving you all a bit of hope. Received an email from EI saying to keep an eye on email as this is where you will be updated. They never mentioned they had selected everyone

Had you received any prior contact from EI?

callumb94 wrote: »

Have you been to one of the assesment days or is this them extending their "if we don't contact you by today" deadline?

well i did hear that everyone that made it through wasnt invited just yet...also someone was sayin that just under half of who applied got through

For those who are waiting for rescheduling. I spoke with AL and they are very busy at the moment. You should not have to be worried, they will get back in touch with you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 callumb94

I emailed and asked and they just said they are still contacting people and that it is taking longer than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irishoperator

Hey guys, I fly with another well known Irish carrier and was discussing the Lingus cadet program with some colleagues who have contacts within HR there.

Just to confirm and to put your minds at rest they are taking 960 through to assessment stage, so the woman at your assessment didn't read any memo wrong.

Good luck chaps

*Also regarding it appearing like they're using excess resources, just to put it into perspective, my son applied for a banking graduate scheme and the numbers of applicants going to assessment stage to actual job places was pretty much the same as with this cadetship. Unfortunately that's a sign of the times and employers can be extremely picky over who they take.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Paxi_R6

Hey guys, I fly with another well known Irish carrier and was discussing the Lingus cadet program with some colleagues who have contacts within HR there.

Just to confirm and to put your minds at rest they are taking 960 through to assessment stage, so the woman at your assessment didn't read any memo wrong.

Good luck chaps

*Also regarding it appearing like they're using excess resources, just to put it into perspective, my son applied for a banking graduate scheme and the numbers of applicants going to assessment stage to actual job places was pretty much the same as with this cadetship. Unfortunately that's a sign of the times and employers can be extremely picky over who they take.

By any chance didn't mention whether or not everyone has been contacted through to the next stage? Or has has management been so poor they haven't yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement