Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Cadetship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irishoperator

Paxi_R6 wrote: »
    By any chance didn't mention whether or not everyone has been contacted through to the next stage? Or has has management been so poor they haven't yet.

What I gathered was that phone calls were still being made due to the amount of applicants being put through compared to how many HR personnel are working in resourcing within the wider HR dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Going4it

What I gathered was that phone calls were still being made due to the amount of applicants being put through compared to how many HR personnel are working in resourcing within the wider HR dept.

Hi everyone, as of Friday evening the calls were being made. I got called for assessment this week. I have 30 mins flight time but meet/exceed all requirements. The online assessment went fine, I don't think I did exceptionally well in it but obviously well enough!

Best of luck to those who are still waiting! I thought all hope was gone too!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

Hmmm, after thinking this over, I've a feeling due to the short level of notice they're giving people, that they're going to keep doing the group stages until they've built up a suitable pool to bring through to the next stages, for which I'm sure they've a set target, might be 3 weeks of assesments, might be 6, however long it takes to build up that pool. This is why people are only getting 4-5 days notice and why many people seem to get the call on Friday, after the saw the results of the first 3 group stages. It also explains why they're able to do it be phone.

Perhaps in the last scheme when other said they interviewed 1000, they realised that that was excessive, so have instead decided to do it this way this time around, on the off chance they won't have to process as many.

From the previous comment I'm going to guess that up to 960 people may be processed, or 960 people are deemed to have met all the requirements and have done reasonably well on the online tests to be brought to the next stage.

That seems to be the most logical outcome to me, as committing to 960 people from the start seems very demanding. Anyone any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Well they have to be the busiest recruiting airline this year,
    Cadet pilots
    DE pilots
    Apprentice mechs
    Cabin crew SNN
    Cabin crew in general

I would say 30 thousand applicants overall , maybe call five thousand to Dublin ,

Have to say fair pay to EI as they are not boasting about these vacancies in the media but they do seem to want to give folks a chance , no leave this summer for HR !!!

Which would also further add to my theory that they only want to have to interview as little as they need to have a strong panel of candidates going through to the next stage.

All these schemes being run, such a massive recruitment drive on at the minute, I really can't see them taking on the task of interviewing 960 people unless they feel they absolutely need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AlphaHotel

Im sure it would be in there best interest to bring forward as many as possible,why would they discount so many at this early stage.

AlphaHotel wrote: »
    Im sure it would be in there best interest to bring forward as many as possible,why would they discount so many at this early stage.

I'm guessing with the number of applicants they had, they're going to get plenty of highly suitable candidates, they only need 10. I'm sure there's easily going to be 70-80 people who'd make perfect pilots and they're who they're going to take through to the panel stages, definitely no more than that, so when they've found those 80, why would they keep looking when they've a million and one on their plate. Now, that's not 80 acceptable pilots, that's 80 that if they could hire them they would, but are resticted by the places available. Keep in mind they're doing proper interviews at this stage in addition to the group exercise so they'll have a pretty good idea of the caliber of everyone who get's to this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Going4it

Hi Shamrock 321, Just wondering where you heard about the figure of 10 cadets? I may be wrong, but heard from a friend working in there, not HR mind you, that it was more 15-20?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ilikemoozic

Just got my call there, heading for assessment this week. Delighted.

• Advertisement

Going4it wrote: »
    Hi Shamrock 321, Just wondering where you heard about the figure of 10 cadets? I may be wrong, but heard from a friend working in there, not HR mind you, that it was more 15-20?

Heard it first from a Captain in the Training and Standards department about a month ago, then the HR lady confirmed that that was pretty much the case on the assesment day when I asked her. It was 10 cadets though with the possibility of a further 2 if they were deemed to be exceptional cases.

Just got my call there, heading for assessment this week. Delighted.

Congratulations! Good luck on the day! Very short n otice for an assesment this week.

<snip>
    Do they need to see all your academic Certs or only your highest level achieved?

Leaving cert, valid passport, 2 passport sized photos and an up to date CV.

Congratulations! Good luck on the day! Very short n otice for an assesment this week.

I'm just delighted to be called and will take time off work for it. By the by, it being an assessment I assume that you wore a suit etc?

I'm just delighted to be called and will take time off work for it. By the by, it being an assessment I assume that you wore a suit etc?

Yup, everyone was in a suit.

Yup, everyone was in a suit.

Ye i assumed that that went without saying but it's best to be fully sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

YES. Finally got the call, and have to be in at 8.30am tomorrow morning. Talk about short notice!

optimus125 wrote: »
    YES. Finally got the call, and have to be in at 8.30am tomorrow morning. Talk about short notice!

wow,that is short notice,best of luck!

Very short notice, best of luck.

Thanks lads (and/or ladies?), appreciate it! Same to both of you.

Thanks lads (and/or ladies?), appreciate it! Same to both of you.
    How did you get on today?any more news on more assessments?

• Advertisement

AlphaHotel wrote: »
    How did you get on today?any more news on more assessments?

Overall I'm happy with today, thanks, but it's hard to judge these kinds of things!

RE assessments, we were told that (as most of you are probably aware) this was only the 2nd week of assessments, so they have a lot to get through. We will be hearing about the next stage in august/september, so make what you will of that!

An interesting note, one of the pilots that spoke to us said that they are hoping to double the original planned number of 10 cadets to 20. Very good news for all of us.

An interesting note, one of the pilots that spoke to us said that they are hoping the double original planned number of 10 cadets to 20. Very good news for all of us.

YEY!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭FR85

Well pissed off I missed this, raging in fact!!! Best of luck to all!!!

Someone on PPRuNe saying that the HR person who called them said today was the last day of the calls going out. Which is conflicting with other reports of assesments going on till August.

Not sure what this means, if he's making it up, if he misheard, or just if they think they have enough suitable candidates to go through to the next stage. Either way, best of luck to all those with assesments next week or still holding out for a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Paxi_R6

Someone on PPRuNe saying that the HR person who called them said today was the last day of the calls going out. Which is conflicting with other reports of assesments going on till August.

Not sure what this means, if he's making it up, if he misheard, or just if they think they have enough suitable candidates to go through to the next stage. Either way, best of luck to all those with assesments next week or still holding out for a call.

Take everything with a pinch of salt.

Look at the way the calls have been going!
    1.People getting Calls short notice to assessments.
    2.960 have not been assessed in two weeks.
    3.Looks of things calls are still on-going and will continue to until they reach the magic number.
    4.The last day of supposed calls was the 29th of june from the email we all got, In the case of that email it's false as people on pprune & Boards continue getting calls.

If assessments run into august surely calls will go on for the next few weeks no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ExtaticFob

Got the call myself today. Absolutely delighted. Lady on the phone said they were filling the assessment for next Wednesday and Thursday. Seems to me that they are filling spots on assessment as they go. I would say HR is stretched with all the recruitment and they have 5 months to carry out the process, so that may be the reason for the delay to date? Just my thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Got the call myself this afternoon, does anyone know what happens on the day? Of course, I wouldn't ask you leak any sensitive facts about it to make it equal, but some way of knowing how the day is structured. I was pretty sure the guy on the phone said an email would be sent out, but several hours have passed and I still didn't receive a word.

Got the call myself this afternoon, does anyone know what happens on the day? Of course, I wouldn't ask you leak any sensitive facts about it to make it equal, but some way of knowing how the day is structured. I was pretty sure the guy on the phone said an email would be sent out, but several hours have passed and I still didn't receive a word.

Group exercise, followed by a written assignment, followed by an interview with a pilot and HR person.

Congratulations and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Roblestone

Group exercise, followed by a written assignment, followed by an interview with a pilot and HR person.

Congratulations and best of luck.

Shamrock do you mind me asking if the group exercise was the same as last years one? The little island?...ill say no more :-/ doesn't look like ill be getting a call at this stage anyway :(

Roblestone wrote: »
    Shamrock do you mind me asking if the group exercise was the same as last years one? The little island?...ill say no more :-/ doesn't look like ill be getting a call at this stage anyway :(

No different problem, won't say what it was though as not to give any one going in an advantage I myself didn't have, no offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Roblestone

No different problem, won't say what it was though as not to give any one going in an advantage I myself didn't have, no offence.

No problem shamrock I wouldn't give out info if I had it myself, was just been cheeky seeing if it was the same as last time. Best of luck in the selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HelloBingBong

Is anyone able to tell me if they let you know if you pass or not on the assessment day? I'm heading out to Dublin today for the assessment day tomorrow, and I'm feeling quite prepared. Just wondering if they tell you if you pass on the day, or if you have to come back for another series of tests or something...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

They will contact us whether we are through or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

Got the Call today, assessment on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Have you received the e-mail yet indiep?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vr7

Hi folks

Got called for half 1 tomorrow. Just wondering will it be a 4 hour assessment with or without breaks.

And more importantly best of luck to everyone who took or taking part in these assessments.

vr7 wrote: »
    Hi folks

Got called for half 1 tomorrow. Just wondering will it be a 4 hour assessment with or without breaks.

And more importantly best of luck to everyone who took or taking part in these assessments.

There weren't any official breaks for us on the first day, but we had a couple moments here and there to grab a cup of tea and a biscuit.

PinOnTheRight, Yeah i got the email! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Finally got the e-mail this morning after a few phone calls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 FrToddUnxious

Anyone mind telling me when they completed their online assessment? As I completed mine on BH Monday 3 June... (probably one of the last to complete ) ..and have not received a call yet.....

Anyone mind telling me when they completed their online assessment? As I completed mine on BH Monday 3 June... (probably one of the last to complete ) ..and have not received a call yet.....

I completed mine 5 days after the program opened, so however long ago that was... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vr7

I think it depended on when you replied to their email regarding the assessments. You had 3 days after you registered for assessments but at this stage if you have not heard its strange.

Then again they usually email if your not successful and call you if your into the next stage.

The second stage is on til the end of the first week of august so keep your fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jabbadahud

Anyone else get an email invitation for assessment yesterday afternoon???

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FlyingMoose

jabbadahud wrote: »
    Anyone else get an email invitation for assessment yesterday afternoon???

I received an email invitation on Friday afternoon around 3:30 for an assessment this Thursday.

I responded but I've yet to hear back or receive any further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chucksaway

guys its been a pleasure reading all 37 pages of posts, got to the end and joined myself.

impressed with everyones comradery and well wishes!

as mentioned a million times before hand. congratulations to everyone who has reached the next stage and commiserations to those who havent this time but definitely dont give up!

flying moose and indiep if youre interviews am see you there!!

• Advertisement

@chucksaway

Mine was last Thursday, but good luck in yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Future Pilot

Does anyone know if they're busy? Still waiting for the reschedule date.

I have been called a couple of weeks ago.

I would be getting back onto them posthaste

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FlyingMoose

Does anybody know when the cadetship is due to start? I can't see it beginning before January at this rate?

Initially plans were to have it under way at the end of August/ beginning of September, but I think we can safely say that that target is out the window at this stage. They had wanted them back earlier in the year than the last cadet class came in and they were sent away around the December / January mark, so they could be looking at an October/November date, depending on how fast they get going, but the same December/January dates are still a fair possibility I'd say...

• Advertisement
Advertisement