Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Cadetship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 e46318ise

Got the call too, don't think I can make it with work commitments :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ilikemoozic

e46318ise wrote: »

This is the opportunity of a lifetime, surely you can find a way around the work issue

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BrakePad

I got a call on Wednesday afternoon to confirm my hours and that I had completed the ATPLs. However that was all and I got no invite to anything. As as I said before I have 170+(it was 160+ when last I posted it) and ATPLs. I think I have a little too much time by the looks of it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nabanoba

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭happy_head

Sitting here looking at my phone for the past 2 hours.... Not looking good at the mo :-( anyone know if they are still ringing around?

happy_head wrote: »
    No begrudging at all! As Xpro has stated, something doesn't really add up with his story and there was plenty of people making false claims with regards to getting called etc. in the last cadetship.

He may well be telling the truth and best of luck to him if he is and ill hold my hands up and admit I was wrong in doubting him.

Holding my hands up as we speak, apologies super.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Paxi_R6

Wonder if all calls have gone out? If so well done to the folks that get through, But needless to say my heart is in my mouth at the moment..

Paxi_R6 wrote: »
    Wonder if all calls have gone out? If so well done to the folks that get through, But needless to say my heart is in my mouth at the moment..

You and me both!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 callumb94

I have had a missed called from a blocked number at 13:10. They did tell me in an email though all by email

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

callumb94 wrote: »
    I have had a missed called from a blocked number at 13:10. They did tell me in an email though all by email

That might have been them, did they leave a voice mail asking you to call them back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Sitting here looking at my phone for the past 2 hours.... Not looking good at the mo :-( anyone know if they are still ringing around?
    Same as, no calls for me either:(

No voicemail but I rarely get blocked calls so fingers crossed. Who has got the call?

I've also just gotten the call this morning!!! Delighted!!!! =D

Called on mobile, I've only got an introductory lesson as well. I couldn't be happier right now.
    What did they say? Was it from blocked number?

Never mind, just got it this instant...

Well done! Is it at their HO. Wonder how many people got through

Raddison Hotel next to the airport, same as last time around. I'd say you're looking at less than 100 getting through to the group stage if they're looking for 10 cadets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase

Holding my hands up as we speak, apologies super.

Wouldn't be so quick to hold the hands up. He may have been called but he has not got a CPL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

my call wasnt from a blocked number...still no email yet tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

e46318ise wrote: »

With all due respect, lose the sad face - if you want this enough, work commitments will come second.

Well done to all that got the call so far, and fingers crossed for the rest of you - getting that far is something to be proud of!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Roblestone

Does anybody know if calls are still going out? What time did most of you receive your call at? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 nabanoba

Roblestone wrote: »
    Does anybody know if calls are still going out? What time did most of you receive your call at? Thanks

I think it's about time I step away from the phone and start to face reality. Not looking like I'm going to be called.

Best of luck next week to all that did!

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    my call wasnt from a blocked number...still no email yet tho

Yours wasn't a blocked number? Was it a landline? I know it sounds like an odd question

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

nabanoba wrote: »
    I think it's about time I step away from the phone and start to face reality. Not looking like I'm going to be called.

Best of luck next week to all that did!

Feel your pain buddy! Good luck to everyone who got through :)

Yours wasn't a blocked number? Was it a landline? I know it sounds like an odd question

yea it was a landline dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Gutted that I haven't got a call, I have been watching the thread all day and hoping for a call or e-mail :(. But at least it gives me an idea of what they are looking for what the exams aptitude tests were like and that having a PPL would be an advantage. I didn't think I would get it first time around but I will be applying next time it comes round hopefully with a PPL or maybe more...

Good luck to all who got through and for those who didn't chin up and keep the dream alive!;)

Gutted that I haven't got a call, I have been watching the thread all day and hoping for a call or e-mail :(. But at least it gives me an idea of what they are looking for what the exams aptitude tests were like and that having a PPL would be an advantage. I didn't think I would get it first time around but I will be applying next time it comes round hopefully with a PPL or maybe more...

Good luck to all who got through and for those who didn't chin up and keep the dream alive!;)

I echo these sentiments

• Advertisement

Can we assume that there will be no more calls made this evening? Presume HR are Monday to Friday 9-5 yeah?

Can we assume that there will be no more calls made this evening? Presume HR are Monday to Friday 9-5 yeah?

Safe enough assumption though they could well stay late to get through all this before the weekend. if they were to call you up on Monday and tell you to come in on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday that'd be pretty short notice...

Safe enough assumption though they could well stay late to get through all this before the weekend. if they were to call you up on Monday and tell you to come in on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday that'd be pretty short notice...

It'd be short notice, but if they were to ring Monday and ask me to come in that afternoon I'd move things around to make sure I was there.

Looks like it's only 5 boards.ie people that got through to group stages this time around, I remember there being quite a few more last time around...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MerNion

Just curious, were you all living in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Yup, Irish living in Ireland. Why'd you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MerNion

Just to check if there were people from other countries that were called as well or only Irish...

I know there's a person on PPRuNe who's location is down as Surrey in England who said he was called, so there are foreign people being called it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Benjybh

Hello! That'd be me!

Well there we go then, 6 Boards.ie's... =D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Benjybh

Grand, nice to meet you! Someone on PPRuNE posted that there were 4500 applicants and 70 moved onto the Dublin stage - any ideas where these stats might come from? I understand that it was quite a few more than that last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Bsal

I didn't get a call either, I have a PPL 130hrs and the ATPL's done. I'll keep going with the modular training until next time. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the next stage.

HR recruit replied to my email and said that they are still sorting out applications and don't know when the group stage will be. That's abit awkward. When did you all complete your assessments may be by assessment date going through apps

i completed mine the day after the closing date

Ah right, maybe this is just an initial lot don't know because they made it clear only point of contact would be email

• Advertisement

Ah right, maybe this is just an initial lot don't know because they made it clear only point of contact would be email

Do you mind me asking when they replied with that mail? Was it this morning?

Do you mind me asking when they replied with that mail? Was it this morning?

Last night just after 5

Last night just after 5

Thanks I thought maybe they were in today working through the backlog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

I got a missed call from a weird number yesterday afternoon. No voicemail left as i don't have one set up. Tried ringing the number back with no joy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭BigGrayKettle

Is anyone else going to struggle with the "Educational Qualifications/Transcripts - Originals" as requested in the email?

I have to get on to two seperate universities for copies of my undergrad and postgrad transcripts, and there isn't a hope in hell of having them for Wednesday morning.

Do you think copies of actual degress would suffice? I can't give them my actual degrees, as its not possible to get replacement copies.

I'd say that'll be fine, if not, you can just explain to them and maybe offer to send them in to them once you receive actual copies from your university.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase

Well dont all those called!

For those who were not called dont let it get you down. A lot of the time these selection programs are hit and miss and it does not reflect on you negatively in any way.
    I was selected for groups last time when I had a PPL and was near to sitting my first batch of ATPLs. I didnt get the cadetship obviously but pursued my training myself.....I got there in the end and became an airline pilot before any of the cadets did! I am now happy enough with where I am.

It' worth remembering that if a jigsaw piece does not fit in a certain spot the spot does not fit the piece either! Aer Lingus is just one airline out there so dont be put off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sierra Charlie

LeftBase wrote: »
    Well dont all those called!

For those who were not called dont let it get you down. A lot of the time these selection programs are hit and miss and it does not reflect on you negatively in any way.
    I was selected for groups last time when I had a PPL and was near to sitting my first batch of ATPLs. I didnt get the cadetship obviously but pursued my training myself.....I got there in the end and became an airline pilot before any of the cadets did! I am now happy enough with where I am.

It' worth remembering that if a jigsaw piece does not fit in a certain spot the spot does not fit the piece either! Aer Lingus is just one airline out there so dont be put off.

Thanks for that LeftBase...the last few days had me feeling like it was the end til next year, going to keep plugging away at the flying hours and start my ppl theory over the summer...if I want it as bad as I think I do...I'll do it :)

Guys I can confirm that they have not finished calling people for the next stage. There will be other assessment days run.

• Advertisement

Did you get the call? Congratulations!

Advertisement