Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa's- Other than USIT?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Myself and my boyfriend are thinking of heading out to Toronto..

Who else can you get visa's from aside from USIT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

What kind of Visa are you after?

If its the WHV IEC one you are going to have to wait til next January:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

Yeah, the 1 year working holiday visa..

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Its now a 2 year one and will be available from next January again
    There will be 10,000 places which will likely go in about 2 weeks

Thank you for the info! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

You don't need to go through USIT at all. Save your money and apply yourself. All USIT do is simply read you out the questions on the application forms and then type in your answers. It's the same as paying a trained monkey to apply for your visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

I didn't bother with USIT. It's easy enough to fill out all the forms yourself, and the people on this board are SO helpful! You save yourself a small fortune by doing it yourself. Not only do they charge you the initial 300 euro - you HAVE to book flights and insurance through them and they will guarantee to rip you off big time.

Never thought about doing it myself.. Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

I'd just advise to sign up to the USIT emails for the Canada IEC - they email you as soon as the IEC opens. Also, I'd advise to be obsessive about checking the IEC website from December until they open - the last ones went in three or four days! Glad to be of help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RoutleyLaw

Niamh_M wrote: »
    I didn't bother with USIT. It's easy enough to fill out all the forms yourself, and the people on this board are SO helpful! You save yourself a small fortune by doing it yourself. Not only do they charge you the initial 300 euro - you HAVE to book flights and insurance through them and they will guarantee to rip you off big time.

I can't believe you have to book flights through them. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

RoutleyLaw wrote: »
    I can't believe you have to book flights through them. :mad:

As far as i know that's bullshit,they'll say that to get a little more money off you.But at the end of the day,what happens between you and the CIC is irrelevant to USIT (basically you can get your own flights.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 littlemiss maevie

I used go4less. since the application is now online you dont get much out of using a company though. the only benefits are that if you have trouble they can help. go4less also give you discounts on insurance and flights (getting quotes for flights half price as what the airlines are offering) I paid go4less cos i knew nothing about the process but none of my friends did and I just sent them all the links

Advertisement