Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camo and mask

• 07-05-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,997 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,
    Can ye recommend decent brand of quality camo? I don't want something that will rip easily.
    Also, I tried the goggles and face guard and its not for me. Can anyone suggest a good complete face mask? If its clear lense then one that doesn't steam up (much).
    Thanks a mill folks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey there,
    Can ye recommend decent brand of quality camo? I don't want something that will rip easily.
    Also, I tried the goggles and face guard and its not for me. Can anyone suggest a good complete face mask? If its clear lense then one that doesn't steam up (much).
    Thanks a mill folks :)

Well considering that you didnt mention any price points....
    The helikon-tex camo outfits are very durable and wont rip anytime soon as they are made of cordura.
    The dye i4 or i5 face masks offer more than enough protection for your entire face and dont fog up much.
    Both of these are quite expensive but certainly match your description :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Well considering that you didnt mention any price points....
    The warrior assault systems camo outfits are very durable and wont rip anytime soon as they are made of cordura.
    The dye i4 or i5 face masks offer more than enough protection for your entire face and dont fog up much.
    Both of these are quite expensive but certainly match your description :)

Are you sure its warrior brand your on about?, I don't think they make BDU's but only tactical gear like chest rigs, pouches etc, the only clothing I have seen with them was merchandise kinda stuff like caps and T-shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Are you sure its warrior brand your on about?, I don't think they make BDU's but only tactical gear like chest rigs, pouches etc, the only clothing I have seen with them was merchandise kinda stuff like caps and T-shirts.
    Oops!! Meant helikon-tex not warrior.
    Thanks for that :)

Oops!! Meant helikon-tex not warrior.
    Thanks for that :)

Yup I agree helikon gear is good, with a wide variety of camo available, also reasonably priced considering the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

To be honest, the brand is not as important as the clothing properties, whenever I'm buying this is what I look for

- Waterproof
    - Windproof
    - Breathable
    - RipStop
    - Gore Tex

If the item(s) contain all of the above, then I buy and this logic has not failed me yet, also, if your purpose does not require all of the above, then pick what applies to you

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,997 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Cheers lads, really appreciate it :)

I was keeping my beady-eyes on this on adverts..

http://www.adverts.ie/team-sports/paintball-airsoft-mask/2626636

anyone any experience?

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    To be honest, the brand is not as important as the clothing properties, whenever I'm buying this is what I look for

- Waterproof
    - Windproof
    - Breathable
    - RipStop
    - Gore Tex

If the item(s) contain all of the above, then I buy and this logic has not failed me yet, also, if your purpose does not require all of the above, then pick what applies to you

Hope this helps :)

You have got lucky then, me on the other hand not so much :), to be fair while there is some good clone gear out there (emerson is alright), what are you going to pick?, a proven brand name or Mr Woo's superfantabulous 100% knock off replica of the arctery'x leaf available in some china soft website.

Buy nice or buy twice.

Advertisement