Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What qualifications are needed for a maintenance job?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi im 23 qualified pipe fitter currently working in the uk at the moment. I am looking to try get a maintenance job back in dublin in the likes of a hospital or public building. Could someone please tell me what qualifications i would need to try get a maintenance job in general or what courses would be good to do to help my chances???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

It very much depends on the place you are working in. Some places require experience in industrial plumbing,electrical or both, other places would require very specific experience with various machines and process's. A lot of places just require someone to empty the bins, cut the grass ,and do a bit of painting anything else would be given out to contract ie. plumbers for plumbing electricians for electrical .As for improving your chances I would suggest doing a few electrical courses eg electrical safety and maybe get some experience in landscaping.You should also get certification for manual handling,abrasive wheels etc if you don't already have them and keep them up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

"apprentice" maintenance assitant job advertised here
    http://irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Apprentice-Maintenance-Assistant-Job-Dublin-7078772.aspx

Advertisement