Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 alarm fault

Options
  • 07-05-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi does anyone have a copy of the engineer installation manual, im trying to find out what "Call Engineer 15 " error code is. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spot3

Koolkid could you please pm me that manual please.
    Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that.
    If you need any help you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cornishman

Hi Koolkid, are you able to send me the engineering manual for Astex 63DV?

The alarm has been randomly going off because of the panic buttons. I do not understand why because neither of them are pressed in! I opened the both up to take a look but could not really understand how exactly it works. I was hoping the manual might enlighten me. Also after the alarm goes off I get a telecom error, this is probably because we do not have a phone line going out of the house any more. If you have any advice that would be great!

PMing you them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 cornishman

Got them!

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 9 knockanroe

KoolKid,

I have an Astec alarm and it is displaying code 77 engineer. I have read some of your past replies and understand the reason for the code. I'd appreciate if you could tell me how to get into engineer mode to clear the error. I have gone through the user manual and cannot find any instruction. The man and business that installed my alarm are retired.

Thanks...

Call Engineer 77 is the service interval notification. Once you enter engineer mode it clears automatically.
    If you want to turn it off go to command 27 & set it to 00.

Thanks KoolKid, how do I enter engineer mode?

Press Clear & enter the engineer code.

• Advertisement

Sorry about this but would you know the code?

Its usually changed by the installer. The default is 1174

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jainaeva

I bought a house and it has the astec 63 DV, however no instructions or manual, phone numbers or codes.
    This morning an alarm went off, a company fast beeping and call engineer, C fault showed up. I am at the end of what to do, help!

C Fault is a comms fault between the panel & the keypad .
    Power down the panel , turn off the mains power remove the top lid on the control panel & remove the battery link (Its to the very right of the PCB ) and remove the Factory link (its to the very left of the PCB)
    Power back up by replacing the battery link after 1 minute & re apply the mains power.
    Try disarm using the factory code 4711

Let me know if that works.

PS : I PMed you the manual .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brenwald

hi koolkid
    my astec 63 has a "fault 15 battery call engineer"
    I have orderd a new battery. could you pm me the manual to clear faults
    thanks
    b

I sent you the manual.
    But you may have another problem.
    Call Engineer 15 does not refer to a battery fault.
    Its a fault on the sounders. It may be battery related as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

brenwald wrote: »
    hi koolkid
    my astec 63 has a "fault 15 battery call engineer"
    I have orderd a new battery. could you pm me the manual to clear faults
    thanks
    b

I have sent you the manual.

You just need your user code to do this. When you replace the battery the fault will clear itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've cleaned this up a bit, removed about 15 posts and left what is best IMHO for the OPs and forum.
    :)

edit , I mean 16 posts, it was an even number anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Sorry to drag this up but....
    We moved into a house with this alarm a month ago and haven't used it yet.
    Tonight it just went off and showed a code 5ab and says call engineer.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mfrutos

Hi, same issue here. Just bought an apartment with this alarm and has triggered off this evening. Previous owner does not have the code. How did you solve it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement