Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fergie's Retirement Confirmed, Moyes confirmed as Man Utd Manager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jürgen Klopp
    Merged Fergies retirement thread and the Who will be the new manager thread into one superthread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

2 club rivals fúcked with the stroke of a pen. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

It's my own opinion but I don't think this is gonna go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Anyone wrote: »
    2 club rivals fúcked with the stroke of a pen. Happy days.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Delighted!

I suppose ye'll have a clearer route to 6th now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Jürgen Klopp
    Bill Kenright looks absolutely devastated. Speaks volumes for the great job Moyes did there.

Now I know how Utd fans felt when Hodgson signed

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Bill Kenright looks absolutely devastated. Speaks volumes for the great job Moyes did there.

He does alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Delighted, I thought the special one was going to jump in. I am greedy and want him back at the bridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I see Liverpool fans here rejoicing,maybe now ye might actually finish higher than 7th now that Moyes is gone.
    Plus unlike Liverpool,United won't go into decline as ye are hoping,sure everybody knows that Liverpools decline came about when the back pass rule was brought in.

First time I've been able to laugh at United's managerial position. :D

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Best birthday present ever.

37367493.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mormank wrote: »
    :rolleyes: It's morronic setences like this one that really bring down the whole tone of any thread. At best I believe Liverpool were actualy the number 1 rated team in European competition using a 5 year co efficient system during the Rafa days.

It's people that don't take into account the context of what is being replied to that end up talking horseshìt like yourself, but carry on...

zerks wrote: »
    I see Liverpool fans here rejoicing,maybe now ye might actually finish higher than 7th now that Moyes is gone.
    Plus unlike Liverpool,United won't go into decline as ye are hoping,sure everybody knows that Liverpools decline came about when the back pass rule was brought in.

This is to do with Moyes and United not Liverpool?

As if you wouldn't go into their thread and have a laugh if they appointed a let's say "iffy" manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Jürgen Klopp
    While I think Moyes was always the appointment that would be placed, the only thing that concerns (and excites) me is that this is the biggest managerial appointment in my life time. It needs a lot more ego than Moyes has. The 6 year contract is stunning! A true sign of faith from United.

Time will tell. But I do think the pros out weigh the cons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I don't think Moyes is going to be as bad as others might believe. Hopefully Liverpool can make a bit of hay while the sun shines but i don't know if it will be shining for long.

Rafa for Everton now..... Cos look at the terrible job he's done at chelsea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jaysus what an idiotic post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Jürgen Klopp
    El Spearo wrote: »
    While I think Moyes was always the appointment that would be placed, the only thing that concerns (and excites) me is that this is the biggest managerial appointment in my life time. It needs a lot more ego than Moyes has. The 6 year contract is stunning! A true sign of faith from United.

Time will tell. But I do think the pros out weigh the cons.

Are you not a Liverpool fan??

Meglamonia wrote: »
    This is to do with Moyes and United not Liverpool?

As if you wouldn't go into their thread and have a laugh if they appointed a let's say "iffy" manager.

Well they are here so why not post it in this thread,no need to go have a laugh if they appoint an iffy manager,they do a good job of tearing each other to bits after a bad result.

Don't be so precious.

Dcully wrote: »

Sorry if the truth offends you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

might want to close the poll....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dcully wrote: »

Par for the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jürgen Klopp
    might want to close the poll....

Done and done.......and I mean done. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Good luck to David Moyes. He has a great squad at his disposal apart from a few that should be cut loose asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Other
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Done and done.......and I mean done. :pac:

I didnt know boards.ie had the entire population of India on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Jürgen Klopp
    Blatter wrote: »
    I suppose ye'll have a clearer route to 6th now :P

Unfortunately not. I think yous will now provide stiff competition for that 6th place. ;)

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Par for the course.

Oh you're here,where's Rarnes gone? See he's been in gloating already.

Haven't you lot more important things to worry about,like how you are going to spend the massive £20 million which will help you qualify for the Europa League next season?

You can give it but get all whiny when it's given back at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

Jürgen Klopp
    This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Whats with the "rejoicing" over Moyes appointment?

United possibly scrambling for 4th like us this year..or even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jaysus, a lot of people voted for Moyes in the poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

I don't think Moyes is going to be as bad as others might believe. Hopefully Liverpool can make a bit of hay while the sun shines but i don't know if it will be shining for long.

Rafa for Everton now..... Cos look at the terrible job he's done at chelsea.

didnt rafa call everton 'a small club' a few years back :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Jürgen Klopp
    Best of luck to Moyes, think he merits a shot at the job without doubt. He is what Man Utd would look for in a manager (Other than ability). He has the loyalty, passion and will immerse himself into the clubs history. Did great at Everton and I always thought if he had the same transfer budget as a big team he could be in the run for trophies but never did have that at his disposal. Cant wait for next season already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Gonna be interesting seeing a ginger going bald or grey in record time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Manuel Pellegrini
    jebforever wrote: »
    Jaysus, a lot of people voted for Moyes in the poll.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anything from Fergie was going to be a disappointment. Wouldn't have been in my top 5 of replacements but we have to get behind him now and give him time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

miralize wrote: »
    I didnt know boards.ie had the entire population of India on here.

Since when did India's population increase over 800 fold?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Phoenix wrote: »
    Whats with the "rejoicing" over Moyes appointment?

I think it's more of the fact that there is a degree of uncertainty about the appointment.

I read a comment on the Guardian that I agree with:
    I'm delighted it's not Mourinho. I respect what he has achieved as a manager, but he brings too much baggage with him.

I think Moyes' appointment is a brave one. Like it or not, Man U are a corporate monolith, like every other major sports 'brand'. Yet there's something very old school about this appointment. No glitz. No glamour. It's just a guy getting a shot at the title, because he's earned it.

I'm very proud to be a Man U fan tonight.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/08/david-moyes-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

I think it's more of the fact that there is a degree of uncertainty about the appointment.

I read a comment saying on the Guardian that I agree with:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/08/david-moyes-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

That's it.

Mourinhio = trophies. However, he also equals baggage.

Moyes is seen as a gamble by most people for a club the size of ManU.

Fergie's been coaching Moyes for years.

BJztCYYCQAAeLj2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is tough. I like Moyes, he deserves a big job and I'd like to see him do well. But at the same time, I want to see united go into decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Manuel Pellegrini
    I agree that it's a brave move from utd.

With Moyes you get a classy and loyal manager who will have always have the clubs interests at heart. He won't tolerate any bull**** from his players and will expect 100% all the time.

I'm sad to see him go from Everton and I wish him all the best. There will be question marks over certain things. He doesn't like playing young players if he can help it so that will be interesting.

The reaction from Liverpool fans does not surprise me. If it's not a marquee name for signings they are not interested. That's what has them where they are.

All the best Moysey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Manuel Pellegrini
    Well, I was wrong. Can't say I'm not disappointed

Cienciano wrote: »
    This is tough. I like Moyes, he deserves a big job and I'd like to see him do well. But at the same time, I want to see united go into decline.

What if he does a good job of helping Utd into decline? Does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Other
    I think if any United fans are going to start s***ting on this before Moyes has even started at the job, they should take a long hard look at themselves and ponder if they really do support the club, or are they glory hunters. Is Moyes a Mourinho or a Guardiola? No. Is he a good manager? Very much so. He deserves a good shot at the job. Next year if we finish 3rd or 4th, maybe question him. Until then, I'm looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I think if any United fans are going to start s***ting on this before Moyes has even started at the job, they should take a long hard look at themselves and ponder if they really do support the club, or are they glory hunters. Is Moyes a Mourinho or a Guardiola? No. Is he a good manager? Very much so. He deserves a good shot at the job. Next year if we finish 3rd or 4th, maybe question him. Until then, I'm looking forward to this.

I think Und should be happy with 3rd or 4th in the interim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Manuel Pellegrini
    They'll need to be happy or lump it. No club certainly no manager has a god given right to win everything and Moyes probably won't be landing a treble any time soon. He may not win anything next season but if he doesn't wreck the joint supporters need to be supportive and remain hopeful. Who knows how many transfer requests he may have to deal with or which transfer dealings will pan out if he has a clear out of under performers like Anderson, Nani, Young, Valencia etc.

efb wrote: »
    I think Und should be happy with 3rd or 4th in the interim

Hell no,with the squad at his disposal I think Moyes will be looking to win the title,not just bedding himself into the job.He has the whole Summer and preseason to get things running his way and this will help enormously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Manuel Pellegrini
    Very poor appointment.....up there with Hodgson to LFC, except Moyes will be expected to actually win things, and he just isn't a good manager.....average at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Hell no,with the squad at his disposal I think Moyes will be looking to win the title,not just bedding himself into the job.He has the whole Summer and preseason to get things running his way and this will help enormously.

Say if Utd finish 3rd or 4th and win the fa cup, would you be happy with that?

What are your pre-requisites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

LOL.

At the poll, and at some of the comments.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement